1/Z Einszett Product Review

Tom

Staff Team
First, I would like to thank Wayne from WaynesTowels.com for sending me these items to review. You can purchase a similar kit from his web site. Below are some helpful hints I noted while detailing my own car. Please do not take them as facts.

Items Tested:

1 - Waffle Weave Drying Towel
1 - Ultimate Plush Towel
1 - Glass Cleaning Towel
1 - Microfiber Applicator
1 - 1/Z Einszett Polish(Green Bottle)
1 - 1/Z Einszett Wax(Blue Bottle)

===========================================

Notes To Help You Getting Started:
Use a soft sponge and a bucket of warm water mixed with Dawn(2oz.) dishwashing liquid to thoroughly wash your car. Dawn is used to help remove any old wax, oil, and dirt build up.

Upon finishing, use the Waffle Weave Drying towel to dry off your car.

For a towel that is only 24" x 36" inches in size, I was amazed at how much water it was able to absorb. I recommend using two towels to make the drying process faster.

Prepping With A Clay Bar:
This step is optional, but I like to use a clay bar to remove any contaminants prior so trying a new polish or wax. I purchased Mother's California Gold Clay Bar kit from my local auto part store. This kit for $15.00 includes a bottle of Carnuba Wax, a spray bottle of Instant Detailer, and the Clay bar.

Normally you can use the included Instant Detailer spray bottle to wet the area before rubbing with the clay bar. However I like to use Meguiar's Quick Detailer instead.

After wetting the area with Meguiar's Quick Detailer, gently rub the clay bar in a back and forth motion overlapping each stroke. Repeat this procedure until the area feels completely smooth. Then use a large cotton towel to wipe away the residue. You would continue this until you complete the entire car. In the event that you drop the clay bar, it's recommended that you discard it and purchase a new one. Dirt and gravel can stick to the clay bar and may end up scratching your paint.

After the clay bar procedure is complete, wipe down the car once again with a cotton towel just to be sure you did not miss any spots. When you are done, store your clay bar in a ziplock bag to prevent it from drying out.

Polishing The Car:

Wait a few hours and make sure your car is completely dry before applying the polish. I recommend completing this procedure in a shaded or covered area. Pour a small nickel size dab of 1/Z Einszett Polish(Green Bottle) to the Microfiber Applicator.

In a back and forth or circular motion apply the car polish to your paint (You do not need to use pressure). Then allow the polish to haze and buff off with a cotton towel(Buffing may require some pressure to completely remove the polish).

(Before and after buffing)

After you complete this procedure, wash your Microfiber Applicator in warm water using Dawn dishwashing liquid and wait 24 hours before starting the next step.

Waxing The Car:

The waxing procedure is very similar to polishing. Pour a small dab of 1/Z Einszett Wax(Blue Bottle) on the Microfiber Applicator and gently apply in a back and forth motion. Allow the wax to haze and buff off with a cotton towel. Repeat this procedure until you complete the entire car.

Final Buffing:

Use the Ultimate Plush Towel to buff off any remaining wax and use the Glass Cleaning Towel to clean off any wax on the windows. Wash your Microfiber Applicator in warm water using Dawn dishwashing liquid. Hang dry and store in a dry area.

Inspect your car once again for any remaining wax or polish.

End Result:

Pros:
1. Excellent shine.
2. Requires little amount to wax and polish a vehicle.
3. Competitive Pricing.

Cons:
1. Wax consistency is very loose and would be easier applied from a spray bottle.
2. Polish requires more than average pressure to buff off.

"You're the man, Tom..."

Thanks for your effort in putting your thread together.

I currently own three Bimmers and am about to use the Clay Bar method

on my 528e... I'd been putting the process off, not really sure how to approach

the job, but after reading your thread I can now 'give her hell.' [thumb]

Thanks for the review, Tom. I flipped through my Guru Reports Wax Test as soon as I read your review, to see how they rated its durability...unfortunately, they did not review any Einszett products. The polish & wax made the silver paint look extremely reflective, I am very impressed.

EDIT: I first asked for some info on the rims, then I realized they're the ones in your signature. I guess I was thrown off because I've never seen a large pic of your M3 with the Breyton rims before. The 19" size gives the car a VERY race-like profile/stance.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff Team
@Bill...yeah its pretty easy and I'm sure you will get great results from claying your car.

@Emile...thanks for the comments. I'm very happy with the results and would recommend this product to anyone....Yeah they are Breyton Vision wheels.

Nice review, very thorough.

I will though inject a few things, not my intention to offend anyone, hoping only to give my personal view.

I have never used the 1Z products but I know some pros who do and there is no need to wait a few hours after claying for your car to dry as Tom noted. This is purely a personal preference and has no effect on the products performance.

Using a QD as your clay lube is wasteful. Instead fill a 32oz bottle with water and add a few drops of car wash to it. This makes for an even greater clay lube and is alot cheaper.

Instead of using the whole clay bar, and risk as Tom noted, dropping it, tear your clay bar into sections or pieces. This way you can keep one piece for the top portions and another piece for the bottom areas, which usually have more gunk on them. Another piece can be kept for windows and glass. Keep these then in marked and seperate baggies.

Also, washing your car with Dawn is pointless if using a clay and then a cleaner/polish. Those will remove any wax on the car.

Again not meaning to offend, only inform.

Thanks,
Anthony

Tom

Staff Team
That's great info Anthony and thanks for sharing. In regard to using that QD as a lubricant, I got that tip from a professional detailer and stuck with it for the past few years. I guess every detailer does it a little differently. Next time I'll just use water to see if I get the same results.

I also recently learned that you can take whatever extra clay you have and clay your wheels. It will get rid of quite a bit of crap on your wheels and will provide a "cleaner" look to them. Of course, save the wheels for last as that is probably a dirtier part of the car.

Can anyone speak for clay bar and tinted windows? I clayed my windshield today, but I was too afraid to try claying the other windows since they are all tinted.

Claying the interior tint is not recommended...

I have used clay on the wheels and it works great..., just make sure not to reuse it on your paint the nest "go-round"...