2003 525i A/C help

[scratch]in my 2003 525i, the fan only works on the first 4 speeds out of about 16. is there some kind of relay that controls this, and if so where would that be located???? thanks in advance.

Tom D

[scratch]in my 2003 525i, the fan only works on the first 4 speeds out of about 16. is there some kind of relay that controls this, and if so where would that be located???? thanks in advance.
Hi. I got a 2003 530i and about 4 months ago I had a similiar problem with my fan blower where it would be working fine and then just shut off completely. It was impossible to troubleshoot because whenever it happened and I was able to get to a repair shop, it was working fine. An expensive repair is to replace the entire blower motor, but a suggested inexpensive fix was to replace the blower motor resistor, which they knew to be a problem many times in the past on other BMW's. Cost me $92 for the part and a 1 hour labor charge and it fixed my problem. Now my problem was different from yours because I lost the blower completely and yours appears to be only the low speeds, so my fix might not apply to you, but just a little extra information to help. Good luck

thanks. it turned out to be the final stage unit which is the same part that you are describing. instrutions on how to order, remove and replacce can be found ion google by searching final stage unit instructions.