325i, Lexus IS 250?

Anyone own a new Lexus IS 250 and an ' 06 or 07 325i and could tell me how they compare & what one they like better? Yes, I have read many reviews online and in car magazines, but I would like the input from an unbiased, regular person who drives them on an everyday basis.

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
Well I'm not going to say much for Lexus, but BMW is a bit of a different layer, they are sportier, funnier, nicer looking and always more powerful, they really are two completely different cars/brands and definitely Apple to Oranges. I think people look at BMW as cooler cars though. Lexus is such an ostentatious brand, which I don’t think they will ever shake.

It used to be, "What's the difference between a Porcupine and a BMW, the Porcupine has the pricks on the outside." Ha ha ha, well Lexus has become the pricks car, sorry but its true, BMW does not hold that to be as true as it once was, not entirely but not as much as Lexus. Lexus is always trying to be somebody they aren't (which means they are just an economy car with leather seats, which they are). BMW is not compromised with an economy car division and a luxury car division, which means you are always getting the best.

The other thing BMW also used to be the “new” money car, and Mercedes was “old” money, (I’m generalizing, but that is the image they portrayed), now that isn’t really true any more, Lexus is the new money car, and BMW is one better IMO.

I think BMW owners are more humble and down to earth as well (I’m generalizing), (you can tell from all the good people on BMWBoard Forums), Lexus is just trying to keep up with The Jones, BTW you’ll never catch-up. Stick with BMW, people will always like you. [;)]