a little more bummed

BTM3

I walked into the office this morning and the first call of the day i get is from one of the directors in our company. apparently, a friend of mine and one of his closest friends wrapped his new SL55 around a tree at about 12:30am last night... He did not make it. He must have been going pretty fast as they said he died on impact.

Its weird... the guy was my age 32-33.. Had everything going for him.. Had his own construction company, made a ridiculous amount of money, beautiful house, couple of kids, great physical shape, lots of friends....

I was actually hanging out with him last weekend, he was showing me his new Hummer H2 that he had just picked up....

It really puts life in perspective when this kind of stuff happens. It made me realize that this can happen to anyone at anytime. Enjoy life - don't sweat the small stuff cuz you never know...

I'm not trying to bring anyone down or anything or I'm not some kind of 'born again' person trying to push my beliefs on anyone... Just had a wake up call and realize that there is still a lot that I want to do with my life....

Being that I have an M3, I bought it because I love to drive... drive fast sometimes, wind her out on some twisties, just rip through the gears on a straight... its a sports car, an exceptional one.

I just want to say to those who read this... 'be careful'. I wouldn't wish what happened on anyone.

Sorry to bring anyone down... It just really made me think.

Tom

Staff Team
Sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully other's can learn from this tragic event and be alittle more careful on the roads.

Thanks BTM...I can relate to this story...we all need to be careful. My condolences to you and your friends family. Everytime I feel myself starting to get carried away, I think about my little boy without his father...that shuts me right down....

One a side note.....whats the SMG in an M3 like? It must be killer! Can you actually chirp gears?

Everyone be safe. Just because the car can handle it doesnt meen you have to prove it.

just don't show off i think is a good rule to follow, our sense of ability sometimes amplifies by 2 when we're with people =]

and take it easy in bad weather!!!

keep it safe everyone, the fun lasts longer that way

BTM3

actually.. follow up to the story.. just found out this morning... it was actually a suicide.... left a note leaving everything to his ex-wife... kinda f'd up. i can't picture life being THAT bad...

damn....

bmwrocks

1000 Post Club
Man thats gotta take enormous kahunas to kill yourself that way. What about the other guy in the car? Were they both commiting suicide together? Just my $.02 but I think I wouldn't try that in a safe car like a top of the line Mercedes, the car might save you (unless you drove it off a cliff or something). I would be more inclined to use a cheaper car.

Sorry I don't mean to be cold, hope it doesn't sound too bad.

Holy lord...thats f'ed up in a big way. You said he had everything going for him too.
WHat the hell makes someone do that? I have problems coming out the ying yang and
I still couldnt imagine doing something like that.....I guess you never know what resides
in a mans heart.......

BTM3

yeah... just sad.. sad that his friends and family didn't see it or recognize it... he may have hidden it from them.. i surely didn't see it when i was at his house last week. he seemed fine.. was in good spirits... i'm not that close to the family or his friends to ask anything further. some of the guys i work with thought that he was only thinking of himself.. its cold to say that, but in all essence... he really was.. his friends, family are all hurting now... kids don't have a father anymore.... i've been through some sh*tty times myself but would never do anything that drastic... i'd feel too guilty to hurt the people i care most about....

Whats wrong with being a "born again" person? I know with out a doubt were Im going when my time is up. If anything this stoy should be a reality check for what is important in life... and I might be shot for this but I wouldnt trade all the m3's in the world for one minute with my wife! Enough said!
Ian <--- a "born again" person!