alarm system...

darudeboy

Hey guys, im about to pick up my X3 in a few days, and i get a call from the dealership saying that I havent installed an alarm system on it yet. The price they were asking was $600+ for the system and installation. Call me crazy but isnt that a bit much for the alarm system? should i go to another dealer to find a better price? and if i do install an alarm system not thru the dealership i leased the car from, will that nullify my lease??

thanks in advance guys...

Tom

Staff Team
The alarm unit itself is about $250 retail. So $600 is way too high. And the installation should take no more than 2 hours.

My dealer wanted almost $600 for the alarm. Lowest "installed" price I have been able to find is $415, at Peter Pan BMW (San Mateo, CA).

Having the alarm installed at another dealership should not impact your lease.

darudeboy

Hey whats up guys, i decided to not opt for the bmw alarm system ($660). The dealer said my lease would not be void if i added a system myself from somewhere else (as long as there is no damage done to the car and if there is, its the person who installed it who is liable....)so being said that, im looking into a viper alarm, the one where if something is going on with the car, i get a signal sent to my keychain. I can get all that for 400...what do u guys think? is it a good buy?? if you guys know anything about it, id love to know how it compares to the bmw oem alarm system. thanks guys