Any help is appreciated.

Hi, does anyone know what I could use on my BMW to get these weird white tiny dot looking marks off. They're on the front bumper all over and everytime I wash my car, the front end still looks dirty. I have washed with 3 kinds of washing gloves, I changed my soap to the more expensive kind and still nothing. Today, I tried 2 diff kinds of wax. Nano Wax by Eagle One, that didn't work. I used Turtle wax the hard stuff & that did nothing as well. My dad says it is from bugs on the highway, but he doesn't know much about cars. I don't have metallic paint, just black because I don't like the way metallic paint looks. Also, my car scratches real easily & I have some tiny paint chips from rocks. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? When I had a new Volvo, I got metallic paint and I don't recall this kind of stuff happening. Anyone know if metallic paint is truly better? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A picture would help out a lot, but it sounds like your typical rock chips from driving on the highway (so your dad is probably half-right). When driving on the highway, try to stay far back from trucks and avoid being in their lane altogether.

As for the damage that is already there, pickup a bottle of GS-27 Scratch Remover or Meguiar's Scratch-X or any other "scratch remover" type of product. Follow the instructions of applying the stuff onto the scratch and buff with a towel on the scratch and the surrounding area. You need to basically move the paint around a bit to fill in the scratches.

If that still does not work, you can purchase an auto paint pen from autovisuals.com. It costs about $18 + shipping, paint code for your car on that site is 668. Check out some other sites that sell the same type of product, I am quite sure you can find it for cheaper. You use this auto paint pen to fill in the white scratches and then use the scratch remover product to smoothen things out (once the paint dries, of course).