Best of the shelf products for dash/interior?

heckler

Ok experts.. just got my new BMW 530. I'm looking for the best off the shelf product to keep the dask and plastic parts inside the car looking factory new.

I know now the evils of Armor All, and about alcohol in those sort of cleaners - plus they leave a fake shiine which is also slick.

What does the readership here use to keep their BMW's free of lint, hair, discoloration, etc? Specifically plastic parts and the dash/console? Thanks..[hihi]

rubber, plastic, vinyl

It is not recommended to use anything off the shelf unless it's 303 Areospace Protectant or Lexol Vinylex. It's hard to find these products on the shelf. You may want to order them from Autogeek or Classic Motoring Accreessories. They are fine products.

There are two different types of silicone. PDMS and DS. DS is shiney, cheap to manufacuture, and bad for your interior. PDMS is flat, expensive to manufacture, but great for your interior. Cheap protectants don't have any PDMS but have all DS. 303 and Vinylex use only PDMS. They are the only ones that I know that use only PDMS. Vinylex shines just a little more than 303. That is why I use 303. It's the best.

Hope this helps.

heckler

Well I found a local marine place which sells 303 Protectant and I gave it a whirl.. expensive stuff, but seems to do a great job.

I had some areas of discoloration on my interior window ledge where I rest my arm while driving, and after treating it was right back to the factory showroom type finish. Very nice! Hasta la vista Armor All!

Does the 303 Aerospace Protectant or the Lexol Vinylex stuff leave an odor, or are they odorless? [confused]
Thanks in advance,
-just someone trying to keep the genuine new car smell as long as he can- [:D]

303 has no odor. Your car will smell just like it did before you applied the stuff. The Vinylex has a tiny odor but it smells clean. If it does leave any odor, it only lasts for a couple of hours.[thumb]