Bluetooth up and running on X5

jpnorman

I just had the bluetooth kit installed on my X5 today. Its a gadget kings dream. With your phone in your pocket the cell phone rings on your radio. Your phone book from your phone downloads into your car and you can voice dial or dial from the radio keys. All very slick and very well done. I highly recommend it.

jpnorman

BMW has a list of phone it recommends however I have a phone not on the recommended list and it works fine. Any bluetooth phone will connect however my understanding is that the phone book feature which loads the phone book on your phone to your car may not work will all bluetooth phones but does with the recommended phones.

Visit http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/blue/phones.htm for a list of recommended phones. I currently have the only Sprint PCS bluetooth phone the Sony Ericcson T608.

hoopsurfer

I can't wait! Does the voice commands do anything other than phone commands? NAV integration? I'm told X3 option will be April/May 2004 in USA.

How fast does the phonebook load? Any size limits?

hoop

jpnorman

I can't say I don't have navigation in my car but the voice command dials by number or name (limit of ten names). Phone book is limited but uploading is fast, I will pull out the book and report back.