BMW Assist-BEWARE!

anonyms

Unbelievably crappy service. I used my BMW Assist for the second time ever. And for the second time, this service was worse than the worst of AAA. I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend purchasing this service and if anybody at/from BMW is reading this, you need to get rid of this company you've contracted to do your service work and get a company that actually has some competence, common sense, and sends out people who actually have graduated elementary school.

Unbelievable - they come out to fix my flat tire and didn't come with air to top up a/the spare tire. The dispatchers REPEATEDLY could just not provide accurate location info to the drivers in spite of my repeating the information to them many times and having them repeat it back to me. Even the supervisor couldn't fulfill that task. The first driver came out and was outright condescending and sexist in his all too classic approach of blaming me ("the dumb broad") for providing an incorrect phone number for him to call me back on. If it were incorrect, how was it that the dispatchers had been successfully calling me repeatedly to find out why this guy wasn't showing up as promised... This guy was either too stupid or too immature to be able to simply say he had made an error in noting down the number. On his papers, you could see his cross outs and his glasses were thicker than soda bottles.

The truck they second guy came out in (I refused to take the service from the first guy as he seemed completely incompetent and it being 2008, I like other women no longer tolerate sexist behavior... and I don't have to... any employee I supervise who behaves like that is not long for his job... and as I'm paying for this service, BMW WILL send out another service provider who can satisfy this customer per the $ I'm paying - so that's what I did). So the truck that came out the second time, the guy who came was more competent and at least wasn't a jerk but again, he had no air to top up the spare and frankly, the truck look like it was barely running itself.

Lastly, the BS BMW Assist's contracted service provider gave me (via their supervisor) was complete BS and probably he thought he could convince me to buy his BS because of the 'oh, women don't know anything about cars... I can pull the wool over this one's eyes...' etc. This guy expected me to believe that the reason they took 3 hours to get to me in the middle of Hollywood, California in a supermarket parking lot for a flat tire was that "BMW is so specialized, we can only send out people with that degree of special expertise" - yeah... to take off a flat and put on the spare. Right - special expertise, my a*.

Final words - do NOT get BMW Assist. Get AAA. And BMW - it's 2008. If you want to remain solvent and continue to sell cars, you need to clean this up and actually deliver the service you promise in your claims re BMW Assist. No free lunch any more re pulling in a pretty profit and paying your $$$$$ to your execs and expecting consumers like me to just suck it up on crappy service like this. I'll take my business elsewhere and so will other customers.