BMW & Sauber in F1

Today I got an article saying that BMW and Sauber are negotiating engine deliveries to Sauber. Till today Sauber runs Ferrari engines and seems not to be satisfied.

The article also says that BMW is thinking about buying Sauber to create an all BMW team like Toyota and Ferrari are. According to the article Dr. Theissen, BMW´s F1 boss, would favorize this buy highly as the last 5 years of cooperation with Williams did not return any sufficiant success.

The bank Credit Suisse holds 66% of Sauber, the rest is with Mr. Sauber. Both did not comment on the rumors to date.

Analysts predict costs of at least 500 million Euros for the buy (150), investments and running costs (at the moment 200 in the cooperation with williams). In times where auto makers are desperate for savings and cost cuttings this seems to be a very risky step. especially as the only success for a brand will be a winner. and winning will be difficult with a fairly new team that did not score for years now.

what do you guys think? I think BMW should stick as engine supplier. to run a team is...too risky? and sauber is not exactly what i call a high performer.

In my opinion BMW FINALLY took the right decision. For me it should have entered F1 at first with her 100% own single-seater. What did it gain with Williams?.. Experience?.. It would have obtained the same amount of experience if she had entered on her own. And buying Sauber means also buying/using her facilities. And it is widely known that Sauber has the best aerodynamic tunnel.

Im really looking forward to see the new BMW!!!