BMW service...

I dont know if its like this everywhere... by the service here in brooklyn, NY.. SUCKS! i tried to get an inspection from 2 different BMW service shops but they both say that there machine is "down" and they cant do it for me. So they suggest i just go to some mechanic shop and get it there. I guess when they relize that i didnt purchase the car from them they dont want to service me. ASSHOLES!

BTW i have been trying to get an inspection from both services on like 4 different occasions spanning 2 weeks. what a bunch of assholes

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Why does your brand new car need an inspection so soon, didn't you say you got hooked up by life quality on the car or was that someone else...

i got the car from jersey warehouse and i live in NY... so i needed a NY inspection test. i also waited like 21 days for license plates... those dumbasses. people here in america make BMW look bad.

Big Daddy

Getting a state required inspection is not a BMW issue and can be done by any certified shop. License plates are also issued by the state and have nothing to do with BMW or their service. State inspection requirements do not pay well and maybe they are too busy with BMW related services to bother?

i dont think you understood me well.... i BOUGHT a BMW brand new... and it didnt come with a NY inspection sticker... so i went to BMW to get an inspection which is required to drive your vehicle and they told me "their machine was down" as if my problem had nothing to do with BMW. I went to the best place where i can get an inspection ( not a junk-yard mechanic shop) so i can get the best possible service available. but i guess i didnt

I understand... the service and maintenance is included in the warantee of the car. But, what I don't understand is why these guys won't help you out if you're in the local area. They should be jumping through hoops to be your maintenance center. It's BMW that pays for the maintenance on your vehicle... so the shop gets paid and loves to service your vehicle. They get big money for it.... why wouldn't they.

Now, I can understand that they don't want to inspect your car... they don't really get anything for that... but you're likely to come back to then with your service next time around. I would go back in and ask to talk to the service manager... and calmly explain to him that you would like the BMW maintenance facility to be the one you go to because it's the closest, but you fear that the ineptitude of their staff is going to keep from giving them business. Then tell him that you drive like a maniac, burn through several sets of tires and tons of oil a year. That should get their attention.

If that doesn't work... I have a friend at the post office that might be able to give you some tips on how to get their attention.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
newty25 said:
I understand... the service and maintenance is included in the warantee of the car. But, what I don't understand is why these guys won't help you out if you're in the local area. They should be jumping through hoops to be your maintenance center. It's BMW that pays for the maintenance on your vehicle... so the shop gets paid and loves to service your vehicle. They get big money for it.... why wouldn't they.

Now, I can understand that they don't want to inspect your car... they don't really get anything for that... but you're likely to come back to then with your service next time around. I would go back in and ask to talk to the service manager... and calmly explain to him that you would like the BMW maintenance facility to be the one you go to because it's the closest, but you fear that the ineptitude of their staff is going to keep from giving them business. Then tell him that you drive like a maniac, burn through several sets of tires and tons of oil a year. That should get their attention.

If that doesn't work... I have a friend at the post office that might be able to give you some tips on how to get their attention.
For NYC area dealers, that will not work. There are so many BMW's on the road they can't even service their own cars in a timely fashion, let alone an outsiders car. I personally would have had the selling dealer arrange for it to be inspected in NY state before delivery even if it meant a few extra miles...