Boxster S vs. E36 M3

Hey guys yesterday I raced a 2003 Porsche Boxster s and beat him, pretty damn bad. I figured he would have at least hung with me. He had been trying to race me for a few blocks. Drag racing is fun, but I do not look to do it. I have raced some Boxsters on my local road course and beat them. I would have thought a Boxster S would hang with an E36 M3, in a straight line anyway. My ///M is modified, but the HP between the two cars should be very close. [spank] [cheers]

Last edited:
Yeah

I'm glad to hear you beat the Boxster. Everyone boasts the Porsche.

Ive even heard of Z-3's beating Boxsters [drinking]

Good job, but be safe when you race... [idea]

Audible

wizard

The boxter isn't as fast as the Bimmer 0-60...but would eat it alive on the twisties...with that said...I think the boxster is the "chic's" Porsche...

flashinthepan

wizard said:
The boxter isn't as fast as the Bimmer 0-60...but would eat it alive on the twisties...with that said...I think the boxster is the "chic's" Porsche...
yes & no...lol !!

Chicks car ?..perhaps yes...at the track ? no way in he11 would I bet on a Boxy vs a M3....nope, nope & nope.

Your 911 ? now we are talkin' !!! love em' & cant wait to see the 997, cause I never liked the 911 sharing the look of a boxter front-end.

I have beaten plenting of 911 carreras on the track. 911s are great, but I think you have to really know how to drive them.

wizard

You really do have to know how to drive them...This is my second 996. My first was nothing compared to the 40th anniversary. I used to own an e46 m3 with Dinan technology and coil overs. I thought the transition between the bimmer and the 911 would be a seamless one...but it wasn't..the two are very different...with that said I still love the M3 for what it is..a great car..but once you learn the 911's mannerisms there really is nothing like it. I don't think I'll ever buy a front engine sportscar again....it's that special.

Big Daddy

I have beat many Boxter S's on the road courses with my M roadster. 911's, I have a good friend with one and after his second High Performance Driving School he eats me for lunch, but then again he paid about 160k for his car and I paid....well you know!

flashinthepan

Big Daddy said:
I have beat many Boxter S's on the road courses with my M roadster. 911's, I have a good friend with one and after his second High Performance Driving School he eats me for lunch, but then again he paid about 160k for his car and I paid....well you know!
Which model was $160K ??

I know my brothers 1995 911 is not a performer...equal at best in the corners & definately less acceleration, but then in 95 I believe the 911 only rec'd 280 HP or something in that range. Absolutely beautiful car though !!!! I love the 993 body lines.

Big Daddy

He has a 2003 911 Turbo, 415+ horses. I am not sure what he paid, but I know it was over 100k. It has quite a few options, aero kit, upgraded wheels and tires, etc. Maybe I misunderstood him on the price, but my point was he paid a heck of lot more for it than I did for the M roadster, therefore the compairson is unfair.

flashinthepan

Big Daddy said:
He has a 2003 911 Turbo, 415+ horses. I am not sure what he paid, but I know it was over 100k. It has quite a few options, aero kit, upgraded wheels and tires, etc. Maybe I misunderstood him on the price, but my point was he paid a heck of lot more for it than I did for the M roadster, therefore the compairson is unfair.
Agree

its all about the driver. if u put a good driver in say a ford focus and then a bad one
in a 911 4s, well the focus will win

in this case the "s" driver couldn't hang with u. nice kill!