Bumper strips

Not sure how many of you will help me here (Joseph has euro bumpers, Graham has M-tehnik, everyone else has diving boards). This might be one for Dan.

I have to replace my Mom's rear/right side bumper strip on the corner of her plastic bumper (89-92 E30's). Do they just pry off, or do they have to be removed with the bumper off? I'm taking it to Bimmercruise 2008 on sunday, and I'd like to fix the scuffed corner. I'm going to enter it in the "E30 Mild" class and possibly Nicest interior" class.

Help ASAP!

Thanks![thumb]

I believe there is a bolt on the outer edge at the front where it wraps around the car and the rest snaps in place. I do not believe you have to take the bumper off.

that bolt looks like it's on the inside. I've also tried to find info on how to take these off, but anyone who's done it, won't be specific enough to tell me how. I want to re-paint mine as well. The bumpers aren't hard to get off, but it is easier with two people. I did have to go out and buy a new Torx head in order to get it off. I didn't have one that big.

You can pry them off (underneath the mtech its standard plastic bumpers). Search for wheeler dealers bmw e30 touring on you tube - they replace those exact strips in part 2 or 3 I think, and show them removing them quite easily.

I'll try and find a link...

Edit: OK it's at 5:00mins on part 4 here.

You can pry them off (underneath the mtech its standard plastic bumpers). Search for wheeler dealers bmw e30 touring on you tube - they replace those exact strips in part 2 or 3 I think, and show them removing them quite easily.

I'll try and find a link...

Edit: OK it's at 5:00mins on part 4 here.
Didn't check the vid you posted, but Graham you are a champ! He's got to be happy with this, oh and good luck at Bimmercruise 2008 Scot! Have fun - take lots of pics and report back here dude!!

Graham, you are a champ, however, the front bumper is different from the rear... the fronts just pry off, but the rear has a little screw/nut. I think i've gotta pull the whole rear bumper off.