Can you deal on ordered car?

The Kid

I want the 335i and i want it custom, so i'm going to have to order it. I'm a little concerned that ordering a car might mean i'd have to pay full MSRP for it. How does one go about getting exactly the car you want and also getting *something* off MSRP?

BBARON

It isn't really any different than buying a car that is on the car dealers lot. If you can't get a deal at a particular dealer, you have to be prepared to go somewhere else. You should start by visiting or calling several dealerships in order to find out if they already have the car that you want on order. If they do, you'll be able to get it faster. Ask them each for a price. Another choice is the European delivery program. You'll be able to save 7% of the sticker price if you go pick it up in Germany, but you'll have to pay for your trip. The offer includes 2 for 1 tickets on Lufthansa. You get a factory tour as well as car insurance. When your trip is over, you drop the car off and they ship it to you. Good Luck!

Tom

Staff Team
What Bbaron said, you don't officially purchase the car until the papers are signed. But until then everything is still on the table for negotiating.

The Kid said:
I want the 335i and i want it custom, so i'm going to have to order it. I'm a little concerned that ordering a car might mean i'd have to pay full MSRP for it. How does one go about getting exactly the car you want and also getting *something* off MSRP?
<<<<

I'm in a small town, so I got out-of-state quotes from other dealers (nearby). I caught a break when one dealer had *almost the car I wanted on his lot(sans hard top and navigation) and offered it to me for 2K under the MSRP. I took that quote to my local dealer who threw in free alarm and 6 CD changer (& free installations) and ordered my custom car, locally.