check light

you can always remove the bulb from the cluster, or fix what it is flashing for (headlight, brakelight, coolant, whatever)... reseting the service indicator is super easy. Do you have the large round plug under the hood, or the small round with a flat edge plug?

marleycy1

I will look and tell you, as for the check light, i didn't realize the coolant light and the check light on the dash were related, duh.[bash] first bimmer. thanks

The Check light flashes everytime you start the car until you press the brake pedal, and will continue to flash if one of the other lights on the check panel is on.

If you press the button on the check panel, the flashing light will extinguish and just leave the coolant light on.

The coolant light may be a faulty sensor (they corrode), so if your coolant is OK, either buy a new sensor (recommended for peace of mind), or short the two wires from the sensor together. You can actually do this by pulling the sensor apart and shorting the two electrodes inside the sensor - that way if you ever buy a new sensor you havn't cut any wires.

Resetting Service Indicator Lights

marleycy1

thanks for the replys i fixed my problems.

The next question is whether a s50 m3 engines and trans would bolt into my 87 e30. if yes how much fabrication.

The Check light flashes everytime you start the car until you press the brake pedal, and will continue to flash if one of the other lights on the check panel is on.

If you press the button on the check panel, the flashing light will extinguish and just leave the coolant light on.

The coolant light may be a faulty sensor (they corrode), so if your coolant is OK, either buy a new sensor (recommended for peace of mind), or short the two wires from the sensor together. You can actually do this by pulling the sensor apart and shorting the two electrodes inside the sensor - that way if you ever buy a new sensor you havn't cut any wires.

Resetting Service Indicator Lights

great information for jumping wire resetting!! Is my e34 94 525it the same way?
mine is the screw cap.