Clean your M Tri-Stich Steering Wheel!

My buddy Blutarsky on M3 forum cleaned his with oxy clean, after seeing his pictures I was pumped. I heard another guy on their talk about using shout, I had shout so I tried it. Results are awesome!
I removed a lot of black finger jam from the wheel.

I used shout, warm water, a tooth brush, wet wash cloth and a dry towel. Afterwards a rubbed a small coat of leatherique as a precautionary conditioner.

I don't have a previous picture, but my wife's comment was " I never knew you had color stitching."

Check it:

Big Daddy

I did, most of those cars are local cars and members of the Puget Sound Chapter BMW CCA. Scott and I both went to a similar event last year at Groits. That is about 10 minutes from my house. There are some beautiful cars there, no doubt!

Very good post Matt! Thanks for the info. I believe many of us need to clean the stitching.....

Hehe, I remember that day Dan. I still have all the photo's too. I haven't done much BMWCCA events this year, but I do get the itch. I wanted to attend the M-Car meet, but was camping that weekend. My M wouldn't have made much of a diff. anyway.....

Very good post Matt! Thanks for the info. I believe many of us need to clean the stitching.....

Hehe, I remember that day Dan. I still have all the photo's too. I haven't done much BMWCCA events this year, but I do get the itch. I wanted to attend the M-Car meet, but was camping that weekend. My M wouldn't have made much of a diff. anyway.....

Crazy how dirty that stitching gets.

So I still have the LV wallet, and I like it.

How is your M treating you? Is it a daily driver, how has the maintenance been?

Cheers[wave]

Naw, the M isn't a daily, but she does get driven some. The maintenance hasn't been bad. I've had a few things in the past, but nothing lately. I still need to do the Emissions Service Bulletin for it, but I will wait until the next oil change in about 1k miles. It's still under the extended warranty so I won't be spending a dime....