Clown Nose / Alarm Question

spta97

I posted this on a few other boards and just looking to get some help:

If my clown nose is flashing when I lock the doors through the key fob does that mean my alarm is "activated" already so when I install the hardware I do not have to pay the dealer to activate it? Or are the options to make the clown nose flash and activate the alarm two separate ones?

Thanks.. [thumb]

spta97 said:
I posted this on a few other boards and just looking to get some help:

If my clown nose is flashing when I lock the doors through the key fob does that mean my alarm is "activated" already so when I install the hardware I do not have to pay the dealer to activate it? Or are the options to make the clown nose flash and activate the alarm two separate ones?

Thanks.. [thumb]
You'll still need to get the alarm activated @ the dealership after the install. However, if you do the install yourself and tell them your alarm "isn't working". They may activate it for free under the free maintenance program [paranoid]

spta97

gpoints said:
You'll still need to get the alarm activated @ the dealership after the install. However, if you do the install yourself and tell them your alarm "isn't working". They may activate it for free under the free maintenance program [paranoid]
Thanks...I think I'll do that :)

Tom

Staff Team
Nice to see ya back Gabe.

That alarm and the clown nose are two different things. You can get the clown nose to blink even without the alarm system installed.

spta97

Tom said:
Nice to see ya back Gabe.

That alarm and the clown nose are two different things. You can get the clown nose to blink even without the alarm system installed.
I understand that - right now I do not have the alarm installed but my clown nose blinks. I'm wondering, since it blinks does that mean the alarm is activated in the software? So once I install it will it be active already?

spta97 said:
I understand that - right now I do not have the alarm installed but my clown nose blinks. I'm wondering, since it blinks does that mean the alarm is activated in the software? So once I install it will it be active already?
I believe so. Normally, you have to get it activated at the dealer. When I was researching this issue before I had it done, people were saying it could be done, but it would generate an error code cuz in the computer that only the dealer could see cuz it was searching for the alarm.

spta97

Well I got the alarm installed. It beeps when locking / unlocking the doors but the motion sensor does not work and now my clown nose does not blink.

Also, the "beep" that is made by the siren is not what I was expecting. I was hoping for the cool eletronic chrip like the E36 M3 had but now I have a whimpy Totota beep :(

spta97 said:
Well I got the alarm installed. It beeps when locking / unlocking the doors but the motion sensor does not work and now my clown nose does not blink.

Also, the "beep" that is made by the siren is not what I was expecting. I was hoping for the cool eletronic chrip like the E36 M3 had but now I have a whimpy Totota beep :(
Just curious, did the dealership do the install and activation?