coupe vs. sedan

samsung

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any thought on the coupe vs. sedan issue. I personally think the coupe looks really nice, but the sedan is also very adorable. I test drove the 325i sedan since the coupe is not yet available at my local dealers. Its very quiet and smooth and I loved it. But when comes to 2 doors or 4 doors, I am really having a headache. It would be nice if anyone can comment on the xi vs. rearwheel as well. Thanks for any comment.

Big Daddy

Welcome to the board. Do you have kids? Do you frequently have more than one passenger? If you do a 3-dr can be a real pain. I prefer 4 doors, but than I have a roadster for when I only want 2! I hate folding the seat to get in and out or to clean the car. Decide what fits you and get her!

Big Daddy

Well what do you want? If your not worried about climbing in the back over the front seats and/or people being crammed in the back seat, get the 2 dr.

xi is simply all wheel drive! It is a great system if you live in an area with frequent snow and or ice.

samsung

it hardly snow in Vancouver here, but i am used to my Subaru. and one more thing to add on, the new coupe is not available until next spring. so you think its worth the wait?

first you really need to know what you will use the car for and what it takes to get there. as BD said, passengers, plans (?), etc are the pillars that youi shoul base the decision on. sure, the looks too have their place in this arguement but as none of us really knows what it will look like you´ll have a hard time determining which one to buy.

I would suggest that you wait till you have the chance to see the coupe as well and take it for a test. only this way you´ll know that you did not choose wrong in the past, which would be today in the future when the coupe gets available....aaahhh right....

is the xi out alright? i don´t know, i didn´t follow the topic during the last months. but one thing is for sure, AWD is a nice feature to have...especially for you as you´re used to it already.

samsung

i am going to use it for school. my subaru has a really rough ride, so i really want something comfortable. only thing to decide here is 2 door or 4 door. i saw some pictures from another thread here and the coupe in the pictures look awesome. but i really don't want to wait if the differences to most people are not an issue. really want to know what some of the owners think [:)]

personaly, i´d go with the sedan. i love the coupe but a sedan for daily business is more comfy. easy entry for the rear passengers, easy to load with stuf....more pros then cons.

samsung said:
I personally think the coupe looks really nice, but the sedan is also very adorable.
Welcome to the board and good luck with your decision.

P.S. I can't say I've ever heard a guy or anyone for that matter refer to a BMW Sedan in that term before.... [unsure]

Big Daddy

I was in love with the E36 four door M3's. Those things bring a premium now if you can find one! To get four doors now you have to go M5......hmmmm...maybe I should get a new M5?

Big Daddy said:
I was in love with the E36 four door M3's. Those things bring a premium now if you can find one! To get four doors now you have to go M5......hmmmm...maybe I should get a new M5?
I like the way you think. [pray]

For me a sedan is preferred. As for the coupe, even though you don't have many back seat passengers, you still put stuff back there. Since I have the convertible I know how hard it is to reach in the back seat. So if you can't go topless you might as well have the convenience of the four doors. I think the new sedan is adorable ( ha ha) as well, so you don't lose anything on looks.

~SUN-XTC~ said:
Frankly, if I were you I'd keep the Subaru STI you already have. [:)]

I agree with you. I was thinking about the STI before the purchase of the 03' 330i, but having a difficult time tolerate that huge rear wing. May be I will get the STI in a few years and pass it to my daughter when she is old enough to drive. But I know I will miss the 330i for sure!

BTW, the reason samsung wants a new BMW is beacuse he complains that the ride on the STI is too stiff/rough.