coyotefreak's Lazy Mans Detailing Guide

After several weeks, and 20 hours of work, it is here, the detailing guide with time saving steps throughout, along with complete information on Zaino and um "thorough" instructions to use it.

Enjoy

Ok I have read coyotefreek's guide twice, I still have two more questions:

Is this Zaino application sensitive to temprature? Due to the environment I live and work in, I might need to do all of this under sun.

I am still a little bit confused about something inside "First Application" section.

Coyote you mentioned "Note: since this is the first time you are applying the wax, don’t do step 4 in the drying section..", which step 4 in drying section is about applying Z-6. OK then I'm not going to use that at the first time, right? However you mention using Z-6 later in step 7 under "First Application"..

So, simple question, do I use Z-6 in first applicaton, or no?

What a great guide! Thanks man, I just picked up all my Zaino supplies for my brand new 330 xi and was looking forward to doing my first detail on it this weekend, the guide will help a lot.

1. Its best not to be under direct sun, but it will still work. If there is any tree to at least provide partial shade, would be of great help.

2. You want the car to have nothing on it for the very first coat you ever do on the car. Basicly the first time you go to wax the car, do all the wash steps except step 4 (wich has you use Z-6) then apply the first coat of wax. After every coat of wax you use the Z-6, step 7 is after you have applyed the wax.

After that first time, everytime you wash you car use Z-6 on it, even if you plan to wax.

I think all that makes sence. [:)]

I want to add 1 more thing, the purpose of using Z-6 after the car wash is to bring back the full shine of the wax. The very first time you wax the car there is no wax to bring a full shine to.

This is not the lazy man's official version !! Too much work to be given that golden title "lazy". But it is definitely a kickass guide, really well done, nice work coyotefreek !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

In the past I remember reading that you should not get leather conditioner on the stitching in the seats. First of all I don’t know how you can use leather conditioner and not get the stitching. And second, what does it do? I guess I just don’t have the patients to spend that kind of time. Does it damage the stitching?

Well personaly I always thought Zaino to be the quickest way to get your car looking good, hence the name lazy. I couldent spend the time to do everything that Vlad does.

I have never heard anything about avoiding stitching but I have never had any problems with it.

CosmosBlack

Bryan330i said:
In the past I remember reading that you should not get leather conditioner on the stitching in the seats. First of all I don’t know how you can use leather conditioner and not get the stitching. And second, what does it do? I guess I just don’t have the patients to spend that kind of time. Does it damage the stitching?
OOOPS!!! I intentionally make it a point to apply conditioner to the stitchings, thinking the conditioner would help strengthen and prevent the stitching from fraying or drying out!
Have I sinned??? Help!!! [???1] [?|]

i was thinking about this as i washed my car yesterday, i want to install a sprinkler above my stall in my future garage (that will be much bigger than my current garage) so that while washing my car i never have to worry about a section drying out and leaving spots.