Cruise Control not operative below freezing?

Hey guys,

Bought a 335i last spring, and while I havent used the cruise control much, I did use a few times during the summer. But when I tried turning it on yesterday, the CC was totally non-responsive -- the CC light did not turn on. Now given that is been at-or-below freezing here in Chicago for pretty much the past week, I'm wondering if this is some sort of electrical gremlin, or some safety feature engineers added that doesnt allow CC to be operated in below-freezing conditions? Has anybody experienced something like this before? I did have CC issues like this on my E46 as well, but I wasn't expecting it to happen on this model. Just wanted to get a second opinion before I took to the dealer...

-Wally

Yeah, I know. But the roads were dry when I tried; we've definitely had our fair share of snow and ice already, but they way the IDOT salts the roads like crazy here, after a day or two, the highways are dry. Anyway, its not a huge deal - just kind of annoyance. I don't plan on driving long distances now through the winter anyway, but its sort of disconcerting.

I know on BMW's, you have to be going faster than 35 or 40mph (one of the two, not sure exactly which one). At what speed were you trying to engage the cruise control?

I know on BMW's, you have to be going faster than 35 or 40mph (one of the two, not sure exactly which one). At what speed were you trying to engage the cruise control?
I was definitely above that, probably about 60/65. Forgot to try again today, but we barely cracked freezing today anyway. I know the ice alarm rings when its 37 or below, so maybe that temp. sensor is what could be prohibiting it? A buddy at my work said his cruise control is sketchy at any temp (he drives an 545i); says sometimes he can't get it to engage, but hasnt bothered to take in because he doesnt really care. Like I said, just trying to figure this thing out. Anybody else ever have CC issues on their BMWs?