Dealer Help Needed!!!!

My problem and looking for suggestions

Placed an order around 1/31 for a 328I loaded with Nav. I received a production number almost the same day and according to phone and website its been showing "on order"

Last Monday on another forum board I read a thread about the Navigation being upgraded with March Production. I called my dealer and told him that since I didnt actually need car until April (lease expires April ) I would like to make sure I get a March Production run so I could take advantage of the updated Nav. He left a long message on phone saying that he talked to his boss and the manager and it looks like that would be no problem - "they would make it happen for me" ALso, said they were great (his bosses) and def wont be a problem.

Low and behold I check the status by phone this morning and it says car has been scheduled for production with a completion date of Feb 19th

Anyone care to share their thoughts on what they would do!!!!!!!

Is the upgrade that important? Do I cancel order? Do I ask for something off price? Do nothing and still have a great car......Keep in mind it was there idea to order the car so soon eventhough my lease does not expire till April 30th. Kept telling me better "safe than sorry" and I do have to agree with him on that given the long wait time for many I read on here......

Thanks

I would follow up with the dealer and have them check on it. Back when I ordered my '04, the web and phone system were 2 weeks behind what was really happening. Maybe it is current, but maybe it is not the latest info.

meegle

My dealer told me it may just be a new software and that they haven't heard of any unit upgrade.

This is conflicting [???1]

I have a 07 SL550 and the DVD nav unit works great other than the software not showing streets that have been in place for the past 6-7 years hence I would be just fine if BMW just upgrades their disc.

My dealer didnt know anything about it.....But they have been great....they are going to accept the car and just reorder another one so I get a March Production.....Cannot ask for better service than that......

Gault BMW in Binghamton NY

Definitely different controls, not just software. Compare the pictures and descripitons in the coupe brochure and convertible brochure. The vert brochure shows and describes the 6 programmable buttons for the nav system; coupe doesn't. Hopefully, they will be on my Feb built vert as there was no indication of those being delayed until March for the vert. Other options like factory ipod and HD radio are footnoted as March availability. Comfort access was also listed, but my order sheet lists CA, so it should be on the car.