E30 drain and Battery light issue... PLEASE HELP!!!

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
Okay, I just bought a brand new battery, and threw it in. I hook the battery up after having replaced the fusible link in the trunk. Now the damn battery drains overnight, unless I unplug it. Then the damn battery charge light turns on, when I turn the car off, and turns off, when the car is running. What the hell would drain that much juice from the battery that it would completely drain it in 24 hours. I hooked up my meter to the fuses, and naturally the only ones that are getting any voltage when the car is off are the ones feeding power to the ECU, clock, radio, etc....
Has anybody ever seen this before, or have any idea why the hell the battery light would stay on with no key in the ignition?? Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Seth[rofl]

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
I got her all figured out. It was actually draining at 3 amps through the alternator. I managed to check all of thw fuses, and nothing really had a substantial drop. I've just never had a damn alternator drain that much juice when the car is sitting there off.... :-/. Thanks for the help though man! :)

I got her all figured out. It was actually draining at 3 amps through the alternator. I managed to check all of thw fuses, and nothing really had a substantial drop. I've just never had a damn alternator drain that much juice when the car is sitting there off.... :-/. Thanks for the help though man! :)
Cool, good to see you figured it out.

Like Kirby said; what did you do to fix the alternator? new one?