Egged Beamer

Hello there!

If you can believe it, my 1987 beamer convertible was egged (inside & outside). After spending all morning cleaning the shells and egg from the inside, it still has that "Huevos Rancheros" scent that i'd like to get rid of.

Do you have any suggestions?

[mad]

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
Boy doesn't that piss you off, I never had a problem with my Z4 top down, which I'm lucky, sadly you can never trust anybody with the top down. Good Luck.

Yes, it truly sucks... i hope someone has suggestions, since some of the egg went in-between crevases and end parts on the inside as well as the carpet.

I had always wanted a BMW and moreover a convertible, one that i could Re-new litle by little. I love my Beamer and will bring it to life no matter what!

Beamer4duarte said:
Hello there!

If you can believe it, my 1987 beamer convertible was egged (inside & outside). After spending all morning cleaning the shells and egg from the inside, it still has that "Huevos Rancheros" scent that i'd like to get rid of.

Do you have any suggestions?

[mad]
Well the good news is that you wiped the egg off right away as the ACID in egg is deadly on ALL finishes....I'm a part time auto detailer and he is what I suggest.

For the inside...get an all purpose cleaner, cirturs based is best but 409 will also work...mix this 10 part water to 1 part APC....then spraying this on a clean towel wipe everything down in the car, the citrus will take the smell away and take care of any remaining acid, you can use this on the leqther as well.....I would protect everything again after using any decent condttioner.....for the carpets a shop vac, and a stiff bristle brush will be needed....per treat the carpets with the APC solution then use in a gallon of water & 1 scoop of Oxy-clean dissolved really well....get the carpets real wet use the brush to move that around use some clean water on them the suck it all up with the shop vac...open the top and let set in the sun for a few hours to dry.

The outside needs to be washed I would use dish soap this is a real aggressive degrease....I would never recommend this for cars but for egg its about the best...on the rag top you need to buy some Ragg Topp cleaner and conditioner, you can get this online.....After you have the car washed then I would clay the car to remove all the acid that has embed into the finish....follow up with some polish and then wax.

I can't stress enough to you about what egg can do to a car and its permanent effect...send me a PM if you have any more questions or we can talk on the phone

[bash] wow!! that makes me mad and it's not even my car!!! [bash] I hope the above suggestions will restore your cars smell and apperance. the only other thing I would recomend is make sure you extract ***(all)*** water and cleaners you use on carpets, floormats, seats ect. the only thing worse on a cars interior then the smell of rotten food products is mold and mildew and once there it cannot be removed sort of replacement. good luck I hope a turns out well.

Sntandrew said:
[bash] wow!! that makes me mad and it's not even my car!!! [bash] I hope the above suggestions will restore your cars smell and apperance. the only other thing I would recomend is make sure you extract ***(all)*** water and cleaners you use on carpets, floormats, seats ect. the only thing worse on a cars interior then the smell of rotten food products is mold and mildew and once there it cannot be removed sort of replacement. good luck I hope a turns out well.
Since its a rag top and you can open it up to the sun that's why I suggested that after using the shop vac to lift the water....this process will take about 95% of the water out....had it been a hard top then close the windows up leaving about one inch open then with the floor heater on let the car run for 20 minutes on high that will dry the rugs out then open the doors in the air it will finish drying....I yet to have mold problems with these methods