Greetings!

Hello all. My name is Michael and I reside in the Bay Area. In the next few weeks I will be receiving a 1995 740il from a relative [clap]. It has 106,000 original miles on it and has been well maintained. I drove it once about 6 months ago while visiting them and it drove unbelievably. Any words of advise for a first time BMW owner? Looking forward to more of the forum here in teh coming days.

MIchael

Well I have the car and I have to say I absolutely love it. Few things needing fixing:

1. both cup holders broke.
2. glove compartment broke. (in closed position)

I'm considering doign this myself at some point but not an immediate need. It came with a new battery, new brakes fresh oil change (I'll be changing to synthetic in the next week or two though).

While cruising on teh freeway for an approx 65 mile trip my readout showed that I averaged 25.5 miles per gallon. I'm very impressed by this if it is in fact true. I also found it had 103,000 miles instead of the 106,000 I thought it had originally. All the green LED indicators are fully lit as well so hopefully no maintenance for a while. All in all I'm very impressed with this vehicle. Looking forward to becoming a more active member once I learn a littel more of the in's and out's.

Michael

Welcome mate!

Something has to go wrong with your little bimmer to get you to give it attention! ie: cupholders and your glovebox compartment breaking.

changing to a synthetic oil could create an oil leak if the 740's only been canged using mineral oils, though i think you will be ok with the car not being too old, make sure to get a good quality oil filter aswell.