Have to get one in 2007!!!!

What Edmunds.com Says: With more power, more room and iDrive on the options list, the latest version of BMW's 3 Series has all its needs to stay atop the sport sedan category.

What We Know: Contrary to its nomenclature, the base 325i now uses a 3.0-liter straight six tuned to produce 215 horsepower - a 31-hp improvement over the previous 325i. The top-of-the-line 330i also uses a 3.0-liter six but it develops 255 hp and 217 pound-feet of torque. Both cars come standard with a six-speed manual transmission, but a six-speed Sportshift automatic is optional. BMW's Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) will be available a few months after launch. Compared to its predecessor, the 2006 BMW 3 Series is almost 2 inches longer and 3 inches wider yet gained less than 100 pounds of additional weight. BMW claims a 0-to-60 time of 6.3 seconds for the 330i. A nearly perfect 50/50 front-to-rear weight distribution assures the athleticism of its predecessors while a newly optional Active Steering system offers tight high-speed steering and easy low-speed maneuverability. The larger dimensions on the outside translate into a slightly bigger cabin on the inside as well with just over 2 cubic feet of additional passenger space and a trunk that's larger by 1.3 cubic feet. BMW's much maligned iDrive control interface is optional in the 3 Series for the first time along with active cruise control and a keyless ignition.

Yeah, I'm not all that crazy about the E90 as I was when the E46 came out, but I'm glad the design isn't as radical as recent Bangle-mobiles. I'm very pleased that BMW designed to retain more buttons for the HVAC controls than in the 7 and 5. Automobile magazine also writes in its latest issue that the quality of the interior parts are better than in the 5er. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not drooling over it.

The strangest part of the E90 interior to me is the intersection of the iDrive dash shroud hump with the instrument cluster dash shroud hump - the way that those two curves intersect looks sloppy to me and makes the iDrive looks like an afterthought.

That pic above looks alot better to me than previous pics I've seen - that color combination looks more "inviting" or something than the drab grey. I'm still not a fan of the new gauges and the lack of a temp gauge or other expanded instrumentation. If they wanted to pare down the instrumentation, they should have gotten rid of the MPG gauge and left the coolant temp gauge. The MPG gauge could easily have been added back in on the digital dot matrix display between the speedo and the tach - it doesn't need a standard analog gauge.

I like the MPG gauge and the tach...i agree that they shouldnt have taken out the temp gague, but to me the mpg and tach combo has always given me a BMW feel ('84 528e and '00 323Ci....i love how the tach/mpg combo is in both those models)

I agree with MSpeed,they shouldnt have moved the window/door controls.Audi was able to intergrate the controls on the center console in the A6 flawlessly.