Hydrogyn add in??

I was talking with a friend of mine and he told me of a kit to run any car on hydrogyn.

Now before you all scoff. Let me explain.

Not entirely on Hydrogyn but enough really boost MPG

I gathered from him that there is a kit that you can buy ($$$) but this guy created it out of parts from the hardware store for about 100-150$.

The basics are:

a canister (spagetti tupperware or so) is used to hold water.

electrodes placed in container above to facilitate electrolisys and seperate the H from the 2O.

tubing with one way check valves that lead to the intake manifold.

--the theory here is that the hydrogen is burned and reduces overall fuel consumption and emission. All you need is to add water.

The idea sounds good. And i am told there is a working version in my area.

Anyone else heard of it.. ideas or comments.. i would like to try this if it is realistcly possible.

Sorry for hte sspelling. is late..

Junk. Scam.
Basic physics is all you need to expose this scam. You can't generate enough hydrogen from a small container of water and 12 volts to fill a small balloon, let alone provide any amount to power a car.

BD is the kit you have the DIY stuf for replaceing all power with water or just adding on to the gasoline used.

I thought it sounded to good to be true though. But i like the idea...

hmmm....

Big Daddy

Actually what I have is a thick reproduction of a manual that a chemist friend of mine got that is detailed step by step instructions for converting your car to run on water. He told me it is a scam and will not work.

William330

There was a report on this scam on Dateline (?) last year about "Expensive Car Parts to Save Gas That Don't Work."

Most of the gadgets actually increased fuel consumption. Some were hundreds of dollars, all were bogus.

William330

Details on the scam:

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Summary:

Unfortunately, the first law of thermodynamics states quite clearly that the energy generated
by recombining the hydrogen and oxygen through combustion can only ever be equal to the
amount of energy it took to separate them.

In fact it's worse than that.

Because there all sorts of losses involved in the generation of the electricity, the delivery of
it to the electrolysis cell and then the combustion process, we actually recover far less energy
from burning the hydrogen than it took to create it.

So, once those losses are taken into account, these useless devices will actually cause your
car to use *more* fuel - that extra fuel doing nothing more than heating the water in that
electrolysis cell and the wires that lead to it.