I hate it when dealers do this...

...They take a beautiful car and stamp it with their dealership name and/or logo. [mad] They use either decals or some form of stamped plastic that they affix to trunk lid by either an adhesive or screwing it in (creating a hole)!
In my case, the dealership decided to add decals (see pic below). What do you people suggest is the best (and cheapest) way to remove these decals? I'd definitely prefer to remove them myself (because I would go about this task very slowly and carefully), but I need tips/pointers. I've heard of something off the shelf that helps people remove bumper stickers.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

I haven't tried it, but a friend of mine took off some decal graphics by heating it with his wifes blow drier and peeling very carefully. Try this at your own risk

1RXTECH

Don't know if it will work for you, but it worked for my Uncle.
He told the dealer it was $50 a month to advertise on the car,
The dealer took of his dealership name.
Hey give it a try. Bob

My dealer applied one even though I requested no decals. Anyway, I was able to simply peel it off without a problem that evening. It reminded me of black electrical tape. Luckily, it left no residue. [thumb]

I've never seen a dealer put their logo on the car! That cant be leagal, ask them to take it off, if they wont threaten to report them to BMW.

helo wileycoyote, that is what my screen name is about too [:)] Im a wile e coyote freek since I was 6.

Last edited:

jmcquide

I don't know if it will work with a decal but I have used WD-40 on those plastic nameplates the dealers stick on the car. As if they didn't get enough of my money, they want me to give them free advertising...

Jim

'97 328i convertible

Actually my dealership had their name painted on the back and believe it or not it looks really good! A lot of people ask if my BMW is a special edition because of the writing! I actually like it too! But when its a decal, it looks so dam tacky!

I believe that is aganist the law..

I am paying $60K to buy this car and there is no logo, badge, sticker or painting except the round BMW badge and the "M3" logo.

If my dealer put their name anywhere on my car, I'm gonna sue them.

(PS) They have their name on the lic. plate frame, which I dont blame on them and I dont mind to keep it on my car, but not as the picture in first post shows.

LoMo987 said:
Actually my dealership had their name painted on the back and believe it or not it looks really good! A lot of people ask if my BMW is a special edition because of the writing!

Can u post a picture, please?

Yes the blow dryer technique works very well. Like someone else said, if the sticker is new enough it can usually be taken off with no heat at all, just use your finger nail and take the thing off.

If, there usually isn't, any residue behind just use a cotton rag with a LITTLE bit of gas on it and rub the stuff off. If you use a very little amount of gas it should do no harm to your paint, just make sure you rinse of the spot after your dont getting the residue off.

Migey

-edit for grammer :p

werd. i have a similar decal on the back of my bmw which ive been wanting to get tear off. maybe this morning ill crawl outside and see what the dealy is.. then maybe ill beat up my roomate and steal his girlfriends blow dryer and say 'its for my bimmer! back off!'
[rofl]