I-pod Question for E90

I would just like to know if it is possible to hook up my 20-gig ipod to my car using the AUX port. Is there a special wire that i need? and also, is the menu going to look like the ipod menu? i havnt actually bought the ipod yet so i cant try it myself. Anyone know? Thanks.

My brother just bought the new Lexus IS350. He too as an aux jack in his car and also wanted to connect an ipod (ipod nano). It was very easy to do and all you need is a audio cable. The audio cable you need has two 3.5mm plugs on both ends. You connect one end into the ipod and the other end into the aux jack. Play something on your ipod and put your speaker system's input on aux. This is what we did on his car and most likely will be the same for yours.

Best,
Ken

somchai

if you prefer to complecely to used i-Pod with E90 such as select the song from the screen via multifunction steering wheel you have to buy i-Pod interface from service department at any BMW dealer
somchai

somchai

if you prefer to complecely to used i-Pod with E90 such as select the song from the screen via multifunction steering wheel you have to buy i-Pod interface from service department at any BMW dealer
somchai [bmwdance] [bmwdance] [bmwdance]

Dr.Hand

On my new 330 I'm only able to control it from the ipod. volume works through the car stereo. I called my local dealer and they don't know anything about an adapter to view the ipod menu on the idrive screen. If they're wrong please let me know.

not for the e90

I called BMW OF NA and they said they dont have the ipod interface for the E90 yet. that really sucks. they should make one for the i-drive! it would sell a lot. they only have it for the e46 they said. o well. :(

kimzeys

Apparently the Neo Ion is compatible with the e90 and allows you to control your iPod with both the steering wheel and stereo controls. I found it at www.mp3yourcar.com for $149.99. They also have an installation video on their website...it looks like it would be pretty easy to install.

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my wife's 325, if anyone knows anything about it or has experience let me know how it works.

somchai said:
somchai

No... Thoes are sooo expensive. I bought a NEO unit but there are others available like dice. I got mine from www.icarkits.com and have been happy as a hampster for half the price.

cuddlechap

RE: I-pod question for E90

Unless you have the USB Ipod adapter u will not be able to control your IPOD from u'r i-drive or car's stereo controls (if u not have nav). Using the aux port will only let u control the volume however u will have to use the Ipod itself to change the tracks ..hope this helps.

Last edited: