I want an X5!! Got info?

NinjaJ9

Pls. give me the scoop on X5's. (performance, capability, reliability, etc.) I really wanted a 4.4 but heard the 3.0 is sufficient. If that's the case, then I'll downgrade!

I want to take this thing to Tahoe in the winter so I don't know if the sports pkg is really for me, but I may also be using the X5 to take around clients, so if the suspension is stiff, I don't want it.

Also looking at slightly used model. Any/all advice welcome and appreciated!

thanks in advance[thumb]

Last edited:
NinjaJ9 said:
Pls. give me the scoop on X5's. (performance, capability, reliability, etc.) I really wanted a 4.4 but heard the 3.0 is sufficient. If that's the case, then I'll downgrade!

I want to take this thing to Tahoe in the winter so I don't know if the sports pkg is really for me, but I may also be using the X5 to take around clients, so if the suspension is stiff, I don't want it.

Also looking at slightly used model. Any/all advice welcome and appreciated!

thanks in advance[thumb]
[8] go to www.bmwusa.com have fun

X5

I can tell you from my experience, I am overwhelmingly happy with the
3.0 power of 225HP, lots of torque-unless you are towing stuff alot-it is ample power!

I do NOT have the SPORTS PKG - I really thought the ride was WAY too HARSH
I have a 2001 CPO and I have had ZERO probs with it;

There is PLENTY of room for my family of 4 + gear for a weeks vacation.
IF you need more room get a YAKIMA box

Also you clients will like it too!

good luck

Last edited:
The X5 3.0i is sufficient power. The engine is superb, and the automatic transmission has great programming, so it feels very powerful. And if you use the Steptronic mode, that 3.0 engine will push you back into your seat !! I think the X5 is a great SUV, but the rear seats are a bit tight, and trunk space is a complete joke (only 16 cubic feet compared to the average SUV's 34 cubic feet of room). Also, with the Sport Package, the ride in the back is as harsh as a schoolbus.
Go for the X5 if you are looking for a BMW that just looks like an SUV. [thumb]