IS 350 or 330I?

I understand that I am walking on thin ice by comparing these two cars in this forum, but it is a question that I have. I have owned 2 Accords and both have lasted me a very long time (IS and 330 are durable as well)...but now I am at the time in my life that I can upgrade. Prices are similar...gas mileage is comparable...the IS 350 is quicker to 60 mph but doesn't have a standard transmission as does the 330I...interiors are both nice...I have read a few posts and value the opinions/thoughts provided; let me know what you all think...thanks.

The G35 is a great car too, but the gas milage is not comparable to either the IS or the 330 maxing out at 26mph hwy.

As for the IS, the redesign is a definite improvement, but the lack of a manual transmission turns me off, personally. 0-60 faster, but are you really planning on pushing the car that hard?

I'd drive both and compare. Even the 330 sedan in a manual transmission handles flawlessly.
go here
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/bmw/3series/index.html
click on video and you'll find a comparison between the 330i and the is350

It's a tough decision but I'd give the edge to the IS350 over the 330. I've had a lot of cars and nothing beats the reliability of Lexus. On the other hand I would choose the 335i over the IS 350 easy due to the huge leap in handling and power over the 330.

The 07 G35 is a nice looking car, thanks for the heads up; looks better than the previous models.
Yeah, the automatic transmission is the biggest turnoff for me about the IS and you are right; I am not going to do any driftin with this car so speed isn't the only thing I am looking for.
I like that 335I what a beauty...

New Road & Track compared the 3 Japanese sport sedans and ranked them this way:
1. Lexus IS (0-60 4.9 sec, despite auto trans)
2. Acura TL-S (0-60 5.7 sec, good interior space, good handling despinte FWD)
3. Infiniti G35 (0-60 5.4 sec, called it middle of the road and points out that when you're there you're the first to get run over--clever. It was expected to win going in the test, based on relationship to Z-car partially.)

One counterpoint said BMW 3 and Caddy CTS [???1] were better.

Check it out; good article.

Just test drove the IS 350...what a sweet ride. Handles very nice and great giddy-up...but anything is faster than my 4 cyclinder Accord that I drive--ha. I am fan of the nav. system as well, but still hung up on the automatic. That may be my sticking point but definitely worth the drive. Up next, '06 330...

Abdoman said:
It's a tough decision but I'd give the edge to the IS350 over the 330. I've had a lot of cars and nothing beats the reliability of Lexus. On the other hand I would choose the 335i over the IS 350 easy due to the huge leap in handling and power over the 330.
And the dealer service will bring tears of joy to your eye. No hassel loaners, regardles of where you bought it.