...I've Seen the Light...

Em3

Confession: Im a Ferrari enthusiest.

Reasons for even being here: Drove an M3

Conclusion: Holy Sh*%

I have to say, the car was very very fast. I have had my share of fast drives before, but this one ranks as one of the most fun.

I want to know a few things about this car (...yes, im new)

If I were to take an M3 and make it top of the line, BEST OF THE BEST, what would I do to it? Hmm.... Say I wanted to crack 200?

Thanks,

Regards,
Rob

M3 @ 200 mph? Don't think it's gonna happen unless you put a bigger engine in it or a ton of custom mods. You need 600 - 650hp to top 200 mph. The entire drive train would have to be replaced also. 600 hp will splinter a stock drivetrain like snapping a toothpick.

And running stock brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, etc. anywhere close to that is a death wish.

With that said, here's the guys that can do it:

http://www.activeautowerke.com/600hp/main.php

yeah you would need to do some serious work, well beyond swipping a card for every bolt on around.

I have a friend who is working with Dinan right now on his Z8, together I believe they are working in a variation of the motor they run in their ALMS car (ca'nt remember if its coming from an M3 GTR or a prototype). but if you have the dough, they will work with you.

Em3

Im talking with my dealer about getting some phone numbers. Thinking about calling some people seeing what we could put together...

I would like to keep it stock interior and (for the most part) stock exterior.

An 05 would be prefered.

Need 220 Mph Speedo. (Talked with my Ferrari dealership)

Want to hit the double ton!

NEED TO FIND CAR!

Est. Cost: 100,000 + cost of car (say, 200K)

The car I drove was an 03 Turbo.

Regards,
Jon

What? This topic doesn't make any sense. For starters there is no Turbo e46 M3 in the states yet other than the Horsepower Freaks test car which has jsut finished stage 1. You probably (guarantee) drove a supercharged e46 m3.

You can break into the 600 horsepower numbers. A lot of people have done it. Your best bet is to go through Active Autowerke or Bavarian Hyper Sports. They've both got a lot of promising numbers.

To breka 200 mph doesnt seem extraordinarily difficult. Aerodynamics seems to be the biggest problem, closely followed by tire compound. No doubt in my mind you could do it.

From allt he engine wokr your tranny could probably hodl the pwoer jsut fine. From there you would need to get a new differential with taller gearing for your 6 speed gearbox.

It's attainable with the right amount of funds.

There are E46 M3 turbo setups available for the past 12 - 18 months in the US, so he could have driven a turbo E46 M3.

The stock clutch will not hold up to 600+ hp, it will be destroyed within the first couple hundred miles or sooner, as well as the U Joints and the diff. In fact, that hp can tear the diff out of a stock BMW subframe.

150 mph is easy to achieve. 200 mph IS extraordinarily difficult to achieve even if you have money, and THEN you have to have the balls to drive it to prove the car can do it. To put it in perspective, that's one FOOTBALL FIELD per second.

Big Daddy

da-motorsports makes these:
THREE different TURBOCHARGER kits are being produced by DA MOTORSPORT
E46 M3 540 Horsepower turbocharger kit, stage 1
E46 M3 900 Horsepower turbocharger kit, stage 2
E46 3.30ci (3.23ci, 3.25ci, 3.28ci included)

For starters da-motorsports is located in Turkey. I stated in the United States. Mert works on euro motors.

da-motorsports is a crock pot of shit. mert hasn't ever produced a dyno graph and many of his pieces he uses are known weak brands/parts.

As far as e46 M3 turbo kits, I still don't see any on their website. They've been claiming for well over a year now that they have one completeed but I have yet to see any proof of this. The only turbo kit for the e46 I see by them is the 330ci.

"E46 M3 540 Horsepower turbocharger kit, stage 1
E46 M3 900 Horsepower turbocharger kit, stage 2"

Where do you see these?

Check out bimmerforums and seach da-motorsports and/or Mert. You'll find all the trash you need on them.

jus get a 335 coupe or sedan and start from there, its already turbo charged so your base starting point is already done.
but if your mind is set on a M3 then wait for the next gen of M3 to get here their supposed to be v8's