M3 in the snow:need advice

berhalle

I live outside of Philly, PA. This will be my first winter with the M3. Anyone with first hand experience driving the M in the snow? I've read where a set of steel rims and good winter tires are the way to go.

hey, welcome to bmwboard. a narrow set of good snow tires, and a sand bag in the trunk will do you well. a good friend of mine drives his '95 M3 all year (we have wicked winters in MN) and he says the only problem he has is plowing because of the car's ride height.

good luck [thumb]

You can drive M3's in snow[ohcrap]

I always thought that buying an M3 or M5 will make you buy a winter car as well...hmm...

Make sure you get good rust proofing!!! Salt is evil[hatchet]

yea, the best way to deal w/ driving an m in the snow is to have a spare winter ride [:p]

for those that don't have one, yea def buy either steel rims from your bmw dealer, or where ever, or cheap but descent looking rims, and set of winters to go w/ em.

i was going to buy the dunlop m3s, they were rated pretty good by the tirerack, along w/ refurbed 10 spoke m rims found on the 330 sport package, but couldn't find any around the area. long story, but i just got access to my older talon, so i'm just gonna drive that aroudn in the winter.

btw, get all 4 snows the same size and width, so you can rotate them for next year to eek out maybe one more season, extending the life of the snows to maybe 4 or 5 winters..