Memory Seats? What Memory Seats?

N2098W

We can’t get our 330i 2006 memory seats to work. After setting the positions the seats remember only the last position of the seats. For example, my wife has her positions and I have mine. She likes to move her seat back for easier egress and easier in for myself. Once this is done, her memory seat position is gone! It then goes only to her last position, which was her egress position. Seems like the same for me, whatever the last position of the seats, irregardless of what was set in memory, is what is really remembered.

Why doesn’t the memory seat remember a specific reproducible position? Anybody got any help or suggestions?

My salesman say's his 2006 does the same thing!

I just read your post to my wife who I quized just yesterday about this same kind of scenario and she says she believes the "key" to this problem is partly in the car keys. She says your wife's key is ordinarily set to know your wife's memory seat position so when she goes to unlock the car after you've driven it and she opens the door the seat goes to her position and vice versa for you...... but.....there are a couple ways to mess this up and one is manually changing the seat position because your keys always remember the last position the seat was in. My wife has made something of a research study out of this over the past 6 years that she has been driving the 325 and now the 330 convertibles. She gets upset with me when I borrow her car and take her keys and hit my memory button on the seat and do my thing and then when she uses her keys the seat won't automatically go back to her memory position and she has to use the seat's memory button to get things back into order....this make any sense?....I stress this is her observation and her car....I'm just an observer....an innocent bystander......:). So, I think she is saying you can't mess with the seat adjustment manually or use one of the memory buttons to change from your normal seat position and expect your car key to bring your seat back to it's original memory position........

VR

You have 2 memory seating positions. Your car is probably programmed by default to remeber 2 settings for each key. So if you have 2 keys, that's 4 different memory seating positions. Look through your owners' manual and disable the feature, or make sure your wife is sticking to one key. Also check your owners' manual and ensure that you and/or your wife are storing the memory seating positions properly. Some vehicles require you to be in Park or Neutral or hold the memory button down for a few seconds, etc. etc.

You have to go in your board computer and setup your profile with your key. Read in your manuel about setting your profiles. It is really simple. There are many different settings you can set like your memorie seats are running lights or how many doors unlock when pushing the button. You need to do this with both keys seperate. Then you should have no more problems. Let me know how it turns out. [headbang]