Need advise...

i just bought a '06 E90 325i. The dealer said I must take a service warranty that covers the brake replacement and something else. He said this car would not make more then 16k to 24k with the same brake and they would need brake pad replacement and new rotor disc. He said a job like this will cost around 1000$ CAD. Any comments on this????, he also said that they do not install remote starter kit on BMW cars. He said that this will void the warranty, any comments on this too... They sell this warranty 750$ CAD, and you can do as many brake replacements as you need.

I need an answer ASAP before i pick up the car
Thanks

Tom

Staff Team
Not sure about BMW Canada's warranty, but Jus is correct in regard to the brakes falling under the full maintenance program which is good for 4yrs/50k. On the remote start, again not sure on the Canadian rules, but in the US unless the modification is proven to be the cause of the problem they cannot void your warranty.

deburn

E90REPENTIGNY said:
i just bought a '06 E90 325i. The dealer said I must take a service warranty that covers the brake replacement and something else. He said this car would not make more then 16k to 24k with the same brake and they would need brake pad replacement and new rotor disc. He said a job like this will cost around 1000$ CAD. Any comments on this????, he also said that they do not install remote starter kit on BMW cars. He said that this will void the warranty, any comments on this too... They sell this warranty 750$ CAD, and you can do as many brake replacements as you need.

I need an answer ASAP before i pick up the car
Thanks
he's definitely trying to rip you off - the CDN warranty has to be the same as the US for brake pads