Need some Advice

ryfull

Hey All! Just got my first BMW and i think im hooked for life....this is the ultimate driving machine!!

well i got a 2003 525i with the sports package and manual tranny, i love it but it is a little too slow.

I was talkin to a buddy who suggested an M5 motor swap! i think that might be a little excessive and expensive! I was wondering if there is any other options i might have? SUPERCHARGER? TURBO CHARGER? I dont really know so i wanted to ask you BMW Enthusiasts!! I dont want somethin thats gonna kill my motor though! a reliable way to increase speed and power would be nice!

Also I was thinkin about throwin some lowering springs on the front to drop an inch or so, i was thinkin H & R...any suggestions?

Also I want to get Stock BMW Navigation, any idea where i could the best deal out there on it? eBay? and also if anyone knows the difficulty of installation and about how much i would be lookin to spend in total i would appreciate!

email me @ ryansfuller@yahoo.com , or shoot me a pm! Thanks Fellas!

[bmwdance] - Ry

Big Daddy

With all the mods you mention you could have got an M5, or at least a 530 whcih has about 50 more HP than the 525. I would never add turbo or super chargers to a car that did not come with one. Just a personal thing and yes over time it is going to be very stressful to your 2.5liter. An M5 motor swap is too excessive and expensive. Try a Dinan "S" package upgrade for your car http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?Series=15&Chassis=13&Model=61

I prefer Dinan suspension over H&R, but others like H&R. Try the Dinan Stage One upgrade. Good luck!

ryfull

With all the mods you mention you could have got an M5, or at least a 530 whcih has about 50 more HP than the 525. I would never add turbo or super chargers to a car that did not come with one. Just a personal thing and yes over time it is going to be very stressful to your 2.5liter. An M5 motor swap is too excessive and expensive. Try a Dinan "S" package upgrade for your car http://www.dinancars.com/Series.asp?Series=15&Chassis=13&Model=61

I prefer Dinan suspension over H&R, but others like H&R. Try the Dinan Stage One upgrade. Good luck!
Thanks! I know I wish i would have got an M5 .... oh well!

BTW is my car sterling grey? i think it is!

ryfull

can anyone tell me EXACTLY what color my car is? sterling grey? or how i can find out....please let me know ASAP! thanks all!!!

Nice ride... yeah, the 525i is slow... unles you drive a 318i all year, and then drive a 525i... my 5er feels like a bloody rocketship!! You'll be happy with it in the long run though. pretty good on gas. Lower it on some Bilsteins and Eibachs, Dinan chip, K&N and a sweet exhaust, and you're good to go.