New BMW Spy Shots Posted

autotronic

Hi everyone. I'm new here. My name is Rich Truesdell and I am the Editorial Director of Automotive Traveler. On Wednesday I was up in the California desert doing an environmental road test of the new Dodge Durango Two Mode Hybrid when I encountered a group of BMW prototypes running various levels of cladding, obviously doing near-final hot weather testing. Here's a sample of the images that I was able to snap.

I do realize the photo of the 7-Series is a little like the horse already being out of the barn but I wanted to share it with you all anyway.

I have additional photos of each of the three vehicles -- front, side, and rear -- posted on the blog I wrote.

http://www.automotivetraveler.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=194

I hope that you'll take a look and leave your comments and speculations, especially on the X6 variant. Feel free to leave me links to other BMW sites that have X6 information as of the three vehicles, that was the one that I got the clearest shots (the driver was so kind, when he saw me in position to get some shots, to actually stop and let me get my shots, almost as if he wanted me to get the photographs).

If you are the kind of BMW owner that loves to take road trips I hope that you'll take a look at the rest of the Automotive Traveler web site; we see ourselves as a cross between Conde Nast Traveler and Motor Trend or Top Gear. Typical of the stories we produce is a microbeer beer tour of wine country in a Z4 which we produced for our third issue, which is in a format similar to what Winding Road used.

Have a great Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler

William330

Thanks for posting.

Sad to see the 7-series will remain ugly and bloated in its next incarnation.

Is there a way to apply duct duct tape and black plastic panels to "designer" Chris Bangle and leave him in the desert?