New front blinker lights...help installing

I just got some new blinker lights for the front and need to know how to install them. The book says to stick a screwdriver in and press on the tab, huh? Which way? Also, got some of the black out thingys for the side markers. Is that hard to do?[rolleyes]

when installing the corner lights you'll need a flashlight and a flathead screwdriver. open the hood and with a flashlight examine how the stock corners are secured. you'll notice that the corner lights have a tab that snap over the headlamp. with a flathead screwdriver gently lift up on the tab and remove thte corner lights. installing the sidemarkers are even easier. just push forward and then out on the stock sidemarker and they will pop out. good luck!

Actually, my U.S. M3 had crosspoint screws that you unscrew, a white sleeve-type of thing was around the screw. Look for an oval opening about 5 inches behind the turn signal.
I just kept rotating counter-clockwise until they apparently reached their limit, (they never came completely out). From there, the turn siginal housing just slid forward.

tomperwu

Debbie .. is it tougher than people might make it seem. You are going to have to put quite of bit of strength. Like the owner manuls says and as suggested above, use a flat head and screwdriver. Pull forward (towards the front of the car). You are going to hear some pretty nasty noises but thats natural. When putting back in .. just along the tabs that you can see when you look into where the corner light is supposed to be. Just remember, its takes quite a few pulls to get it out.

tomperwu

Sweet! Glad it worked out .. the rears were so easy. Are you planning on a getting a OEM strut cause I noticed you have a 01. I just got mine off ebay .. OEM strut for 270 including shipping .. pretty sweet deal.

tomperwu

debbie said:
I hadn't even thought about the OEM struts. Sell me.
A strut bar is the best thing you can do for the money you spend. Its that bar that crosses over the engine that you might have seen in pictures. I think what a strut bar does is not only tighten up the front frame of the car but it also prevents the frame to bend during hard corners. You should check out this link ... it helped me a lot!

http://m3.madrussian.net/diy.shtml

Helps you understand how and what to mod and some DIY items you can do.

Thompson