New IPOD Adapter for E90

I hear there is a new Adapter coming out for the E90 to connect your IPOD so you can control it with your radio controls. Do any of you fellow BMW folks know more on this? The aux hook up is ok but it would be nice to scroll the menue on the radio screen. [headbang]

I have a 06 330xi and my understaning is that this is available only through the dealer
for a 300US$ install fee....it wouild be nice to be able to naviagate through the radio and steering wheel controls

Check with Dension, they have a system for the E46 which allows you to control the IPOD with steering control. If they don't have it for the E90 I am sure it will be coming out soon. I bought the Dension for my E46 and love it, it also charges the IPOD while the engine it running.

partyman121266 said:
I hear there is a new Adapter coming out for the E90 to connect your IPOD so you can control it with your radio controls. Do any of you fellow BMW folks know more on this? The aux hook up is ok but it would be nice to scroll the menue on the radio screen. [headbang]
I have one. Its great. Highly suggested!!

Neo or Dice manufacturers

Option 6FL is a USB/aux input for ipod and other mp3 players that then allows you to control the music through idrive and displays the ipod info on the idrive screen. Has been available since March.

Other option is the dealer installed glovebox hook up for ipod; conncect to cd changer; cd1 is playlists, cd2 is artist, ...Supposedly there are some limitations, like speed of access and size of playlists.

Check out this video
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EventsandPrograms/Vodcast

cuddlechap

My friend has it he has the ipod usb adapter which is very nice to have since it lets u control the ipod using the car's stereo control or i-drive if u have nav. if u do not have the ipod usb adapter and are using the aux port then u will not be able to control the tracks from u'r car's stereo control or i-drive. The only thing u can control if u use aux port is the volume...u will have to use the ipod itself to change the tracks/pause/play...IHTH ...USB IOPD costs 400 + install/labor charges.