New problem...gas lines

Gotta love canadian weather and the toll it does on our cars [spank]

Anyways...gas line are rotted out. Car was having a hard time satrting yesterday and once it did, sounded like it was going to die. Smelt gas right away, looked under and I could see it spitting out the metal hoses. [ohcrap]

Is there a kit for this? Or is this something I need to bring in to a proffesional?

Big Daddy

You can use a pipe cutter tool, they make a small one for fuel lines and cut out the split area patching it with rubber gas line and a few hose clamps. Is the split at the end or somewhere in the middle of the line?

You can use a pipe cutter tool, they make a small one for fuel lines and cut out the split area patching it with rubber gas line and a few hose clamps. Is the split at the end or somewhere in the middle of the line?

Theres 3 spots on two different lines. They are at the front where they 'bend' up towards the engine bay. Im going underneath it tonight to see if I can find anywhere else...

If the whole metal line is rotted, patching it with rubber won't really help... sure it will help you to go get new lines, but chances are that there won't be a good seal around the rusty line. Replace as much as you can, and try to use proper fuel line clamps, not just regular hose clamps.

Big Daddy

Is it this "fuel feed" line, if so they are pretty reasonable as far as pricing goes. And maybe I was not descriptive enough, but you can flair the ends of the lines you cut and use fuel line clamps (small hose clamps). I have replaced split fuel lines before using rubber fuel line which can be purchased for such purposes.

Just called the dealership and they sell all thes elines in a kit. More than I thought at $260 smackers but will bite the bullet and try it out.

That front suspension overhall is going to have to wait ...

i'd suggest Bavarian Autosport @ 1-800-535-2002....these guys are excellent and the prices for parts are outstanding......cliff

BavAuto= rip off artists. I'd never use them. They seem to me like they're more interested in selling cup holders, seat covers, and key chains than anything useful. I'd much rather use BMPdesign, or Turner MS, just my opinion.

Think you'll drive down to Whitby for Bimmercruise08? http://www.bimmercruise.com/

No, I doubt I would make it. Looking at $260 for new gas lines, and over $1000 for the front suspension overhall...then I have to find time to do all of this!!! Busy busy.

That and I have some more work to do on my focus. Put in a new turbo last week, but now have some exahust leak that I cant find!! The joys of playing with cars.