New Tires?

Background info...E46 M3 (April 2004), 20500 miles

I was walking up to my car the other day when I noticed the left rear tire is worn all the way down. I mean I could see the white threads coming out of the tire. Plus, my car is starting to shake a little when I reach high speeds (70+). I don't drift all the time but I have definately slid around a good deal of times, mostly on that side. I attribute the shaking to uneven wear? Is this the point at which I should get new tires? If so, should I get the same Pilot's or something different?

Thanks for the help.

Brian

Yea, it's time for the tires to be changed out, atleast the one that is worn out. In that case, put the same one on.

If you want to change all 4 out, I would personally go with Pilot PS2s or the Pirellis.

thats really really bad you mean you just noticed that you corded your tires on your M3. honestly i dont see how you couldnt have noticed them getting bald much less the cords showing. sorry but seriously man come on go buy some new tires. is the other rear bald?

nadroj said:
thats really really bad you mean you just noticed that you corded your tires on your M3. honestly i dont see how you couldnt have noticed them getting bald much less the cords showing. sorry but seriously man come on go buy some new tires. is the other rear bald?
Thanks for the support [rolleyes]

They apparently just got that way. Plus, I don't live in 70 degree temps...therefore, I have not washed my car otherwise I would have noticed. The right rear is not corded, as I usually "drift" or slide on the left side, but it is getting bald.

hosagod said:
Yea, it's time for the tires to be changed out, atleast the one that is worn out. In that case, put the same one on.

If you want to change all 4 out, I would personally go with Pilot PS2s or the Pirellis.
Thanks for the help...If I change all 4 out, would you have a guess on the cost?