No console storage in the modern 530i's?

heckler

Whats the deal? I needed to store some stuff in my new 2003 530 and there isn't any sort of deep storage area between the seats - just a sliding armrest. Seems counter-intuitive to have not put a storage bin there. There's even a handle to lift on, but it doesn't move.

Am I missing something here????

Sorry Heck, not much to it. What you get is what you get. That's one of the things I hate about my car. The first is the cup holder, and the second is just what you've stated. ....but it's not much of a draw back when you consider everything you get.........

P.S. off topic......what happened to this forum. I couldn't reply using my old ID after the forum changed. I had to register again. Did anyone else have the same problems? When did this forum change?

I spent $250 and 4 hours on a Saturday to install the "BMW" center console storage bin in my 2002 540!

Before you get too excited it isn't very big. I can put my wallet (which isn't very big these days either) and my cell phone headset in the console. That's about it.

If you really want to know more let me know and I'll send you the urls and part nums etc.