OBC failure

Greetings fellow Bimmer Bums,
Last evening, I parked my car ( 90',525I, E34) and double locked it. Approximately five minutes later, I returned to unlock it. However, I had to open it manually since, apparently, the power locking system was not working. Suspecting a bad battery, I started the car up with absolutely no problems. However, the OBC (IV) was not working. Nor was the power windows, power sunroof, the radio, power locks, power side mirror adjustments, and the feature that automatically turns on and off the interior cabin lights upon opening and closing the door respectively. The fan, AC, turn signals, emergency signals, gauges, and headlights all worked, as did the cigarette adapter. Somehow, I managed to get the onboard computer working again, but it went out again. A few hours later, after leaving the car to rest, I started the car again and the OBC and the listed systems that had not previously functioned now functioned. I drove the car home and it sat again overnight. The next morning, I went to the car and input the code for the radio (the OBC was still working) since apparently the lack of power must have reset it. However, none of the settings in the OBC were reset. I took the car for a short drive, the OBC and related functions worked. I parked the car again and locked it (not double). A few hours later, I unlocked the car; the power locking was working; thus, the OBC and related functions were also likely working. I proceeded to lock the car, again, the power locking system locked it. However, when I went to unlock the car the second time, but the power locking was not working, forcing me to unlock the car manually. To confirm my suspicions, I started the car and found that the OBC and related functions were not working. As of now, the OBC and related accessories are still not functioning. I am inquiring about possible causes of this problem, prognosis, and possible solutions and outcomes. Many thanks in advance.

Chris

P.S I should also mention that approximately 1.5 months ago I replaced the battery of the car.

SInce you replaced the battery recently (relatively)... have you every checked the fluids.. in the battery?

They have a tendency to dry out... 1.5 is a little quick, but not that long either... the bmw battery should be replaced 3-5 years... 4 being the avg

ALSO how long do you drive the car daily (miles or minutes) and then let it sit...

SOMETIMES if the car is not run for more than ...20 minutes or so... the battery may not be fully charging... then to sit or a day (you get the idea)

FINALLY... check out your alternator... may not be charging the battery fully

Howdy Folks,
I went to my mechanic, and as it turns out, the problem was simple. It was a aged fuse link ( which acts like a circuit breaker, connected from the negative terminal). It was snapped in half and would intermitently come together and cause the accessories and OBC to work. When it was separated, the OBC and accessories didn't work. This was replaced; turns out I was sweating bullets over nothing.
Chris