Palm Treo 700p

ebizboy

Does anyone have experience with Bluetooth connectivity to the Plam Treo 700p? I couldn't find it listed as one of the compatible phones. I have a 2006 325xi.

Thanks,
ebizboy

The list is bogus, I test drove a 2006 325 I and "paired " my Blackberry with it. Two days later I purchased the same car but my "Bluetooth" would not work anymore. This drove me crazy,what changed? After, two days I thought, the dealer activated " BMW Assist, so I deactivated it and my BLACKBERRY 7100I WORKS!!! Deactivate the "assist " and I bet your phone will work :)

ebizboy said:
Does anyone have experience with Bluetooth connectivity to the Plam Treo 700p? I couldn't find it listed as one of the compatible phones. I have a 2006 325xi.

Thanks,
ebizboy
The list is bogus, I test drove a 2006 325 I and "paired " my Blackberry with it. Two days later I purchased the same car but my "Bluetooth" would not work anymore. This drove me crazy,what changed? After, two days I thought, the dealer activated " BMW Assist, so I deactivated it and my BLACKBERRY 7100I WORKS!!! Deactivate the "assist " and I bet your phone will work :)

Last edited:

dmb72

heigenberg said:
Don't use words like bogus or I'll never get you your floor mats...lol. If you read through the problems with YOUR PHONE, you'll find information like this at bmwusa.com:

"The Blackberry 7130e is compatible with BMW's produced 3/05 and later, after updating your Blackberry 7130e with software version 4.1.0.268. This software can be downloaded from http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/"

Or this for the treo:

"The Treo 650 is compatible after updating it with software version 1.12. Download this update to your PC at

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05/ and then hot sync to your Treo 650. Update support is also provided at Sprint retail stores. Only phone numbers stored as Speed Dial entries will be accessible from your BMW. Your BMW will not be able to access phone numbers stored as Contacts in your PalmOne Treo 650. "

heigenberg, as soon as this month is over I'll have the time to help you, but try the upgrade noted on the link above for now.

heigenberg

No clue

WRONG AGAIN my friend...your suggestions don't work. Here is the question, why didn't you tell me that my phone would not work before you sold it to me. Or better yet, why did not you say, " that's weird your phone worked" during the test drive.

Better yet why isn't your dealership jumping thru hoops to make it right?

700w working fine

Have you been able to make the Treo 700w compatile with
bmw; I was able to but still have not figured out a way to get the car to download the contacts list from my phone. Any ideas?

haq007

I have a Sprint PPC-6700 Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC phone and my phone sporadically connects with my car...sometimes i am able to get the contacts to appear...other times it just keeps searching for my phone. Does anyone have any advice? I have tried using "Jetware Mobile" but that has done nothing for me. I appreciate the help.

Eric5964

It will not download the entire contact list...

Just the ones that you have set up on speed dial in your Treo...this is the way this phone is...just put all your needed ones in speed dial
My Treo works great with my new 2007 328xi

EricE