Pictures of my new X5 4.8is and my "old" M3

I picked up my X5 on December 22 in Philly and drove back to St. Louis on the 23rd. The first pic is when I picked her up and the rest are at home. Last is Sarah (my 04 M3) after a wash.

Does anyone know if I can get running boards aftermarket?

A late happy New Year to all!

Thanks a lot for the nice comments. Yeah I have a deep love for Imola Red, it's a serious problem, and I have been to a therapist but it hasn't helped yet as you can see. :)

bmw046series said:
Was she "economical" on the trip?
Economical? You mean MPG? If so, the tank on her is huge (23 gallons), so I feel like I can drive a long time before I fill her up. However, when I fill her up I need to take out a loan.

Brian, the front and rear of your 4.8is look so hot. I still don't understand why BMW got so happy with the black plastic on the F & R bumper areas of the new 2007 X5 (both the 3.0si and 4.8i). The plastic is of a very high quality, and seems extremely durable, but yours just looks so much cleaner! Your 4.8is is just pure sex. So hot!

I have a hunch, that in 2+ years, when BMW decides to "facelift" the new X5, we can say Auf Wiedersehen to the black plastic, and Hallo to painted bumpers.

Last edited:
B M W said:
Looks great. I dont think ive seen either of your cars rolling around St. Louis.
Where abouts are you? I work at Clarkson/Olive and 40, live right next to Chesterfield Mall, and spend most of my time between the Valley and 270 and 40. Do you have the M in the Stl? I haven't seen you either, and I am always on the look for M3's. We need a stl meet when the weather gets warmer.