Price Range for selling

I am going to be moving to Colorado and will pretty much make my M3 pointless. I hate to do it.. but unfortunately I am going to have to get an SUV. I looked on KBB.COM to see what I should ask for it, but they dont' have 2003 pricing yet. Anyone have a feel what i can get for a 2003 M3 17k miles, w/ SMG, DVD, 19"rims, HK stereo... every option offered. It sticker'd at 61k .. I was hoping I could get 50k but I don't think it's possible... I wanted to be able to get some cash out of the deal to put towards an H2...

I'll take as an in-kind donation...you could write it off on your taxes as an eductaional expense...it'll be my transportation to and from school and work...i'll give you a reciept and all

sorry to hear about having to sell it but good luck [thumb]

Today i bought a silver gray metallic 2003 SMG with 6K miles and all options (however, no 19 inch wheels or DVD). I bought it for 51K. Dealer only got it in yesterday and paid 50K for it from a seller who traded it in (if you believe the sales rep). I live in NY, so I don't know how the price difference works. Wanna drive to NY and sell it to my dealer? [;)]

MindSpike said:
I am going to be moving to Colorado and will pretty much make my M3 pointless. I hate to do it.. but unfortunately I am going to have to get an SUV. I looked on KBB.COM to see what I should ask for it, but they dont' have 2003 pricing yet. Anyone have a feel what i can get for a 2003 M3 17k miles, w/ SMG, DVD, 19"rims, HK stereo... every option offered. It sticker'd at 61k .. I was hoping I could get 50k but I don't think it's possible... I wanted to be able to get some cash out of the deal to put towards an H2...

Why does moving to Colorado mean getting rid of M3??? Can you explain that? I've been there before and during summer and sometimes spring/fall seasons the roads are great, just like everywhere in the nation. And for heavy winters, get yourself a different 4WD, without selling the M. Will you be living in the area w/o highways? Is that the problem?

WHERE IN COLORADO ARE YOU MOVING TO? I HAVE LIVED IN N. CO. ALL MY LIFE AND THE WINTERS ARE MILD AT BEST. I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE THINKS CO IS A 24/7 BLIZARD IN THE WINTER?? DONT SELL THE M3, I SEE MORE OF THEM HERE THAN I SAW IN CA WHEN I WAS OUT THERE LAST MONTH! THERE MIGHT BE 2-3 DAYS A YEAR WHEN YOU MIGHT BE A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT DRIVING THE M3 AND THAT WILL BE UNTIL YOU LEARN TO DRIVE IN THE SNOW THEN YOU WILL BE FINE. 2ND JUST A HEADS UP THAT H2'S ARE MOSTLY GM VEHICLES (NOT THAT THERE BAD) BUT YOU DID SAY "I'm not fan of Ford, GM, Chrysler... their designs are stale and attention to internal comforts/quality severly lacks..." PLUS WHAT DO YOU THINK A HUGE SUV HAS THAT A M3 DOES NOT ON ICE? 2 MORE WHEELS TO SPIN? TRUST ME YOU DONT WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE FROM CA THAT COMES UP HERE, BUYS AN SUV AND THAN YOU SEE THEM TURNED OVER IN A DITCH ON THE WAY UP TO SOME SKI RESORT BECAUSE THEY THOUGH THAT 4-WHEEL DRIVE MEANS THEY CAN DRIVE ON THE ICE NO PROBLEM. ICE = SLIP NO MATTER WHAT. DONT SELL THE M3 YOU WILL REALLY REGRET IT IN 3 MONTHS WHEN YOU SPEND A WINTER HERE.

wishihad50k said:
WHERE IN COLORADO ARE YOU MOVING TO? I HAVE LIVED IN N. CO. ALL MY LIFE AND THE WINTERS ARE MILD AT BEST. I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE THINKS CO IS A 24/7 BLIZARD IN THE WINTER?? DONT SELL THE M3, I SEE MORE OF THEM HERE THAN I SAW IN CA WHEN I WAS OUT THERE LAST MONTH! THERE MIGHT BE 2-3 DAYS A YEAR WHEN YOU MIGHT BE A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT DRIVING THE M3 AND THAT WILL BE UNTIL YOU LEARN TO DRIVE IN THE SNOW THEN YOU WILL BE FINE. 2ND JUST A HEADS UP THAT H2'S ARE MOSTLY GM VEHICLES (NOT THAT THERE BAD) BUT YOU DID SAY "I'm not fan of Ford, GM, Chrysler... their designs are stale and attention to internal comforts/quality severly lacks..." PLUS WHAT DO YOU THINK A HUGE SUV HAS THAT A M3 DOES NOT ON ICE? 2 MORE WHEELS TO SPIN? TRUST ME YOU DONT WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE FROM CA THAT COMES UP HERE, BUYS AN SUV AND THAN YOU SEE THEM TURNED OVER IN A DITCH ON THE WAY UP TO SOME SKI RESORT BECAUSE THEY THOUGH THAT 4-WHEEL DRIVE MEANS THEY CAN DRIVE ON THE ICE NO PROBLEM. ICE = SLIP NO MATTER WHAT. DONT SELL THE M3 YOU WILL REALLY REGRET IT IN 3 MONTHS WHEN YOU SPEND A WINTER HERE.

There we go - an eyewittness... My question was still unanswered :"because 1/2 the year it would be stuck in the garage" WHY EXACTLY would it be stuck????

Big Daddy

Ease up a bit on the guy. When I lived in Idaho I kept my roadster in the garage for about four to six months depending on the wheather. I refused to drive it in the snow, or when there was gravel on the roads (most of the winter months). However I was fortunate enough to own a pickup as well as two other BMW's. I agree that giving up an M3 would hurt and your advice to wait until he moves to see really how bad it is or isn't going to be should be well taken.

IM NOT MEANING TO BE A JERK, BUT I DO WANT TO SAY THE YOUR M3 IS MADE IN EUROPE RIGHT? AND THATS WHERE BMW HAS ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT? WELL DONT YOU THINK IT SNOWS THERE? I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET THAT YOU CAR HANDLES VERY WELL IN THE SNOW! PLUS I DONT CARE HOW MUCH YOU PAYED FOR IT YOU CANT ENJOY A CAR WHILE ITS IN THE GARAGE (ATLEAST NOT REALLY)

Big Daddy

Oh I enjoy my roadster in the garage. All winter long I clean her, change oil, remove the wheels and throughly clean them. I take care of all the small details while she is hibernating. And I am not sure about the M3, but my M roadster is the worst car in the world in snow.

P.S. Typing in capitials is concidered a form of yelling (FYI) tee hee. And I do not think your a jerk.