Problem starting my 2003 330i, anyone experience the same???

tonymarp

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and need help.
I'm having problems with my 2003, 330i starting after leaving the car in the garage for about 3 months. I noticed that the battery went completely drained one morning so I tried to jumpstart it. A few tries to start the engine only resulted in some clicking noise, headlights flashing on and off followed by a sound coming from behind the dash like a blower running. I picked up a charger thinking that jumpstarting is not doing the job. After fully charging the battery, the same thing happens. The car only has 25K miles and the battery was just replaced by BMW last year.
Has anyone experienced this?
Appreciate any feedback.

Tony

tonymarp

BTW: before this, I never had any problems with this car. The battery died on me once and jumpstarting it gave it a few more months of life before BMW replaced the battery with an original BMW brand battery.

Battery dead

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and need help.
I'm having problems with my 2003, 330i starting after leaving the car in the garage for about 3 months. I noticed that the battery went completely drained one morning so I tried to jumpstart it. A few tries to start the engine only resulted in some clicking noise, headlights flashing on and off followed by a sound coming from behind the dash like a blower running. I picked up a charger thinking that jumpstarting is not doing the job. After fully charging the battery, the same thing happens. The car only has 25K miles and the battery was just replaced by BMW last year.
Has anyone experienced this?
Appreciate any feedback.

Tony
Tony
I am babysitting my son's BMW while he is at Afghanistan, and I was supposed to start his car each month, as it was sitting in storage, I got exactly the same thing you did when I went 2 months between starting his car. I have found out that the battery is dead, and I am currently in the process of replacing his battery, what did you find out was your problem? I appreciate your help as my son is due home next month and I really would like to have his car in running condition for him. Thank you for your time!