Proud New, well used, M3 owner

jkronq

I traded a S2000 in on a 2004 M3 6 speed w/ 11k miles two weeks ago and am loving every minute. The Honda was nice but this M3 is unreal. I do have a questions about bluetooth. I searched thru the forms but am still confused and my dealer was unsure as well. My car cam with BMW assist and I have a 5x7 white BT passkey card. There is a PN # a ESN # and a MTN #. I tried to pair my LG PM-325 cell phone but it could not find the car? Any thoughts?

jkronq said:
I traded a S2000 in on a 2004 M3 6 speed w/ 11k miles two weeks ago and am loving every minute. The Honda was nice but this M3 is unreal. I do have a questions about bluetooth. I searched thru the forms but am still confused and my dealer was unsure as well. My car cam with BMW assist and I have a 5x7 white BT passkey card. There is a PN # a ESN # and a MTN #. I tried to pair my LG PM-325 cell phone but it could not find the car? Any thoughts?
Congrats on the car!!! I don't know anything about blue tooth though. Hopefully, someone will chime in. [welcome]

jkronq

Gold tooth, I like that. I'll post photo's as soon as I can get the car back from my wife. [mad] In the mean time I will do a goggle on BT and see what I can find out.

silvere46m3

4000 Post Club
jkronq said:
i believe, you press and hold the push to talk button on the center console and simutanously turn the key to the first position and the screen should say bluetooth pairing or bt pairing. this is when you activate bluetooth on your phone and enter the passkey, the vehicle should see your phone.

if this doesnt work, then it is not compatible with bmws. only certain phones are compatible with bmws bluetooth system. and i believe LG is not compatible at this time.

For 2004, Bluetooth was supposed to work...but it won't. There was a snafu...,so even if you have a Passcode, and how to activate it.....sorry.

We tried in 2 (two :) 330cics and 2 (two) X5s. BMW did not get it right until 2005.

Enjoy your car!

jkronq

Silvere46m3 and deutsch100 - thanks for the information. I will try the pairing process you suggest and let you know what happens. Question: If it was supposed to work in 2004 but doesn't that would be a service issue, right?

Oh, finally got around to taking some pictures of this new beast. enjoy

Attachments

jkronq said:
Silvere46m3 and deutsch100 - thanks for the information. I will try the pairing process you suggest and let you know what happens. Question: If it was supposed to work in 2004 but doesn't that would be a service issue, right?

Oh, finally got around to taking some pictures of this new beast. enjoy
Remember BMW and all other car makers reserve the right to change anything at anytime :) It was posted and published that Bluetooth would work in 2004 models...but it is of course "a software issue". I went round and round with multiple dealers and BMWNA. Not gonna happen, sorry :(