Ready to order 335

I've just been informed that I'm in line for the first allocation of 335i convertibles for March delivery. Need to choose color and options this week.

Love my Mystic Blue 330; the Montego blue in the book is probably a poor representation of the real color. Thinking about Monaco Blue, Black Sapphire, Sparkling Graphite. Space Gray, although new, looks kind of light. Unfortunately, there are very few examples of Montego and Space. The dealer has a Space Gray, but it is being picked up this week; it was too dark tonight to see it. They has a 650 convertible in the showroom in Black Sapphire with black interior; it looked pretty good.

Got the book; funny, the car has no antenna.

Oops, forgot to ask the price.

The montego Blue is amazing. I could not be happier with my choice, even if it was on a whim, since it was a new color and no 335's when I ordered mine. I got the light poplar wood as well, which is a nice honey color as opposed to the walnut.

I didnt get the sport package, but have the nav, premium, and cold weather packages and got it at 51k. I would probably expect somewhere in the upper 50s to lower 60s

The wait begins. I have my production number. Car is scheduled for production Feb 7. [bmwdance]

I went with Sparkling Graphite, but it was an agonizing choice. They had a Montego Blue 335 sedan on the lot and the pictures are quite accurate, including the one above. Just a little too bright; I'm sure I will see it on the street and have a little regret. Only other possibility is Alpina blue if they'll do it as a custom color; waiting to hear.
Interior will be black with Aluminum trim. Got everything except Active Steering and Active Cruise. Even got Comfort Access.
Hoping for at most high 50's MSRP. [B)]

Hope to see more E92/93 posts soon. Seems the cars (coupes only at this point, obviously) are relatively rare. I remember way back when I got my 330 that I got a lot of info here regarding aftermarket Bluetooth (which I love) and many new car picture posts.

Sparkling Graphite was my 2nd choice, but I told myself I should get something different than the usual monochrome. There was a sparkling graphite with the red leather at the dealership week ago that looked pretty sweet. I have only seen 3 other ones besides mine, and two of them are people from the dealership I got mine. Part of me doesnt want to see that many more on the road, but would be nice to have a more active community on here.

doc1911

I have a 335i sedan in Sparkling Graphite and I am very happy with the color. It is a beautiful car, darker that plain ole' sliver but not black. I think you made a good call

doc1911

I got just about it all. Sports Package, Premium Package, heated passenger seat, sat. radio, iPod adaptor, front carbon fiber lip, and a couple others. I have grey interior. No idrive or active cruise control. I have a friend who got the coupe with the active cruise and likes it although it took a bit to figure out.

It is a phenominal car, classy but definately a sports car feel. My friend with the coupe got silver with black and red interior. Not as elegant but more sporty.

meegle

doc1911 said:
I got just about it all. Sports Package, Premium Package, heated passenger seat, sat. radio, iPod adaptor, front carbon fiber lip, and a couple others. I have grey interior. No idrive or active cruise control. I have a friend who got the coupe with the active cruise and likes it although it took a bit to figure out.

It is a phenominal car, classy but definately a sports car feel. My friend with the coupe got silver with black and red interior. Not as elegant but more sporty.
Sounds like you got it very well equiped! The sparkling graphite is absolutely stunning but my wife wants the sapphire metallic/tera interior.
I haven't gotten any input from anyone with the active steering as it seems not too many are ordered with that option.
Do you have the manual or steptronic? we are getting the latter with the paddle shifter as we have that in our SL....not the most responsive set-up but we are willing to live with it.

Is your iPod adaptor in the center console? I remember seeing it in there. Is it intergrated with the system?

BTW, I believe the front end (lower valance) of the coupe looks awesome ....unfortunately it is not available with the sedan [:(]

bmw046series said:
Sadly I've noticed the old E46 M3 is no longer available. A sad day when the last one comes out of the factory. *sniffles.
I noticed that too, and I was quick to grab a tissue, should I get you one? Honestly, the end of an era...it's such an amazing and beautiful car.

doc1911

I have a manual so I don't know about the steptronic. As far as the active steering, I was told that the M-series do not have that as an option. If BMW doesn't put it in thier "sports" cars than it was probably something I would not want. I have had the car 140+ mph and been to a couple racing schools. Active sterring is not something I have ever felt like I needed or wanted but to each his own.
As far as the iPod you have two options. I spent the $300 and got the iPod adaptor. The wiring runs though the glove box. It plugs in like you are charging the battery. You can run the iPod through the stereo. It is pretty nice, the song title and other info shows up on the radio face. There are couple things that could be improved but I like it. The other option is what you have in mind. That runs through the center consol. There is an adaptor that plugs in like a set of headphones and is an auxillary component. It is cheaper but you still have to use the iPod to control everything. Basically you car stereo becomes a set of speakers for you iPod.

meegle

doc1911,

I greatly appreciate your input as it will surely ease my order process. My sales rep never mentioned the iPod adaptor but I am sure I can purchase it at a later date.

We are not going with the active steering since the majority of our driving will be around town.

Thanks again for your advice [cheers]

Congrats. The new 3er coupe and cabrio are awesome. I don't think anyone does a 2 door better than BMW.

LOVE Montego Blue, but Sparking Graphite is beautiful too (I had it on my 06 E90 330i). It's gorgeous in the sun, but it does show dirt and dust A LOT. There are times, when Sparking Graphite gives a strong purple hue. It's cool.

My car now has a VIN number on the Owner's Circle, so I hope that means it's in production. [bmwdance]

Just looked at autospies and they have a ton of pictures from the Chicago Auto Show; they must have gotten them as they were setting up; the charity event is tonight and I think it opens tomorrow. I'm going Monday. It looks like I'll be seeing a Montego Blue 335 cabrio with beige interior (it looks even lighter than in the catalog), a Space Gray 335 coupe w/ red interior and the new B7. I'll probably take some of my own pix, too.