rft tires on 325i '06

gears

I am thinking of buying a 325i 2006 sedan. And currently the tires on it are the bridgstone touranza 205/55/16 91H, the car has 40,000km on it and the tires make an awful growl at low speeds, and show signs of uneven wear. What to do. I can get the car for 35,500 cdn. Is this tire wear a serious issue? what is BMW's stance on this? can anyone shed some light to the issue? can i go for regular tires without compromising warranty issues? Help? [???1]

Tom

Staff Team
Has the car been lowered or suspension upgraded?

Did you notice any veering of the car while testing driving it?

gears

No, no veering at all,runs good at higher speeds (greater than 70km/h) I don't think the suspension has been lowered, or upgraded. the car handles great, very nice ride, like a bmw should, but the tire noise is enough to keep you from buying the car.

Last edited:
hey, i'm wondering about the tire noise being attributed to the run flats.
while i don't know a great deal about the e90s. iirc they come standard w/ runflats.
although the tech has probably matured since introduction. the 06 probably has a first gen tires, which may lead to such issue.

its weird that the car would ride fine despite uneven tires. usually syptoms of suspension issues no? (but i'm no tech, so don't take my word for it.)

btw this has been moved over to e90 forum.