Saw the E90 today..up close!!!

bmw555 said:
You don't lease the car you love, you buy it, so it's yours and only yours! Your problem is that the car is a commodity to you. I don't think you really enjoy your car - you enjoy the deal you got, you enjoy the numbers, horse power per dollars ratio and shit like that. This is boring.
Leasing is usually more economical for me...the monthly payments are easy and I get a brand-new car every 3 years. And at the end of my lease, I can just drop it off at the dealership or finance the remaining value. Sure I never own it...but what about the average person who finances a car for 48 months? Miss a couple payments and see who REALLY owns it.
I love cars with my heart, but I deal with them with my head. If I wasn't a driving enthusiast, my car wouldn't have three pedals.
If you're ever in NJ, hit me up and we'll go for a drive in the G35C and you will enjoy it.

In the meantime everybody should feel free to hate on Japanese cars. It was my personal decision, based on my personal opinion, to go with a Nissan/Infiniti.

Anyways, I'm done.

Last edited:
MrElussive said:
Leasing is usually more economical for me...the monthly payments are easy and I get a brand-new car every 3 years. And at the end of my lease, I can just drop it off at the dealership or finance the remaining value. Sure I never own it...but what about the average person who finances a car for 48 months? Miss a couple payments and see who REALLY owns it.
I love cars with my heart, but I deal with them with my head. If I wasn't a driving enthusiast, my car wouldn't have three pedals.
If you're ever in NJ, hit me up and we'll go for a drive in the G35C and you will enjoy it.
Hey I paid cash for my car, not that something is wrong with financing ;) I just don't like to owe money to anyone and I want to really own things I consider mine (*my* car). I guess I'm one of the few debt-free people in this country, I feel better this way, I feel free. Thanks for invitation, I'll hit you up when I'm in NJ.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
bmw555 said:
Hey I paid cash for my car, not that something is wrong with financing ;) I just don't like to owe money to anyone and I want to really own things I consider mine (*my* car). I guess I'm one of the few debt-free people in this country, I feel better this way, I feel free. Thanks for invitation, I'll hit you up when I'm in NJ.
Congratulations! Debt free is the way to be. I think we're one of the few people left who buy cars with a Bank check, instead of a company loan.

epj3 said:
I can't wait to see how many software fixes these cars have [rofl]

The E90 doesn't have that many complicated electronics. I don't think it will need more than a few if any at all... (I-drive has become rather refined and user friendly as of late)

Steve (325i), you pay for your car completely up front? I would love to do that but then you'd just have this big hole in your bank account instead of making easy monthly payments.

MrElussive said:
Steve (325i), you pay for your car completely up front? I would love to do that but then you'd just have this big hole in your bank account instead of making easy monthly payments.
Wow...Emil, we actually agree on something completely. That felt so weird typing...I a-g-r-e-e with you. Never typed that chain of sylllables before [;)]

You know our constant disagreements are all in good fun, right??? [slap]

epj3 said:
Wow i haven't heard people say "shutup" to each other for like, 15 years. Seriously, what makes your opinions much more worth while than his? He's ridden/driven more types of bmw's than most of us.

You have to remember that people dont care about feel or quality anymore, they just want the name and the features. Seriously, all you hear on forums is "i dont like the styling..." or "it isn't sporty enough...." but bmw sold more 5's in 2004 than ever before. I miss my e30's light and nimble handling, but I enjoy my e34's torque...mmmmmm, torque. Torque makes up for a lot, just so you know.
Danke Eric [:)]

MrElussive said:
It's just pure psychological thing, in the end you'll pay more for your car with financing. Besides, this way you don't buy car you can't afford. Easy financing + lots of temptations make people buying things they can't afford and (that's even worse) they don't need. Half of country living in deep debt making bankers rich, this is sad.

deutsch100 said:
Wow...Emil, we actually agree on something completely. That felt so weird typing...I a-g-r-e-e with you. Never typed that chain of sylllables before [;)]

You know our constant disagreements are all in good fun, right??? [slap]
We have differences of opinions and it is clear that we feel strongly about our own opinions, which did make things heated. While I may not agree with you, I certainly respect what you have to say, and I am gulity of venting my frustration out at you, which was wrong of me. In future threads with future disputes, I will try my best to keep my posts more civil. We initially got off on the right foot and I would very much like to keep things that way. [:)]

bmw55, I definitely hear you. You should checkout Miami sometime. You will see tons of young guys running around in 360 Modena's (entry-level Ferrari, of course) who park their car and sleep in a tool shed at night.

bmw555 said:
It's just pure psychological thing, in the end you'll pay more for your car with financing. Besides, this way you don't buy car you can't afford. Easy financing + lots of temptations make people buying things they can't afford and (that's even worse) they don't need. Half of country living in deep debt making bankers rich, this is sad.
I jump kinda in the middle here on financing a car. My "rules" are:

1. Only 1 car financed at any given time
2. 25% - 30% cash down
3. Creative low interest financing, i.e. home equity loan

It keeps the monthly payment down, the down payment doesn't make a huge hole in savings, I'm never "upside down", and as a home equity loan it can be tax deductable if you play the game the right way.

my family has both owned and leased cars. just because you lease a car doens't mean you don't love it, and because you purchase a car doesn't mean you love it. you have to go with what you can afford at the moment.

i'm not about to say, i love my car so much, i'm paying through my nose to keep it. (altho i'm right there w/ my baby [:p]) and i also know some people that take better care of their leased cars than i would, so i can't say it either way.

but when the hell did this tread become all lovey dovy? nobody likes harmony, now you guys go back to being belligerant and start shouting stupid obscenities at each other! [:p]

i'm kidding of course. this place is much more fun when we don't get along, but as long as it doesn't get out of hand.. like the other e90 thread, which got locked down., (man just saying that i feel old, and not just because i just got a year older either..)

MrElussive said:
We have differences of opinions and it is clear that we feel strongly about our own opinions, which did make things heated. While I may not agree with you, I certainly respect what you have to say, and I am gulity of venting my frustration out at you, which was wrong of me. In future threads with future disputes, I will try my best to keep my posts more civil. We initially got off on the right foot and I would very much like to keep things that way. [:)]

bmw55, I definitely hear you. You should checkout Miami sometime. You will see tons of young guys running around in 360 Modena's (entry-level Ferrari, of course) who park their car and sleep in a tool shed at night.
Truce Emil [cheers] Def. agree we should keep things civil, friendly and enjoy each other's different opinions and expertise on various subjects and experiences.
Cyber friends, Freunde, amigos???